Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I ordered 12th March, my original edd was May-June, that changed after a couple of weeks to June 11th - June 30th, this held for about 5-6 weeks. Then my date changed to August 8th - September 15th 😔. Last night I checked and my edd is just May 2022 lol. Before anyone states the obvious, I know I'm not going to get my car in the next 3 days. I'm kinda pleased I've moved from Q3, but now I have no real delivery window. Has anyone else got this? (I have no text from Tesla or bin)

The allocation of orders is driving me mental. I think we have to take Tesla to task over this. As I understood it - it should be an orderly queue based on spec.
It is. Don’t forgot, lease companies buy bulk order at the start of each quarter and some don’t. Someone can buy through a lease company after you, but their lease RN could be before yours as it was pre purchased. Then Tesla build in batches, not to order.

If you ordered white/black/Gemini in April, your EDD was Aug-Sep originally on teslas website for that time. I know this as I ordered 20s on 1st April as it had a May EDD and the 19s was later. So I went with 20s for a quicker delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangespoon
I'm in the same situation as you with them, have you contacted ALD directly?
The VINs that people are reporting at the moment are not final and are being extracted from account webpage source code.

If you are leasing you won’t have this information until Tesla makes the VIN allocations final and your lease company notifies you.

This is, I’m sorry to say, just something lease customers will have to grin and bear.

It is. Don’t forgot, lease companies buy bulk order at the start of each quarter and some don’t. Someone can buy through a lease company after you, but their lease RN could be before yours as it was pre purchased. Then Tesla build in batches, not to order.

If you ordered white/black/Gemini in April, your EDD was Aug-Sep originally on teslas website for that time. I know this as I ordered 20s on 1st April as it had a May EDD and the 19s was later. So I went with 20s for a quicker delivery.
It changed to Aug-Sept in the 2nd week in April (on the 9th I believe).

Mine was ordered 1st week in April - when the delivery time was still May-June. Obviously Shanghai pushed that - but still frustrating. There are a few here that have had VIN allocated in May that appear to be private sales (not lease), so I think Tesla must be prioritising certain relationships based on margin.

Overall - Wall Street pressure is the worst thing to have happened to the Tesla brand.

The blooming app for my hopes up this morning (yes I check as soon as I wake up!). Took ages to refresh. But still the same old 18-30 June with no VIN
Ser - you are not showing the necessary level of commitment. The recent VIN allocations were 4am, so you should be online at that time, checking the webpage source code and reporting back here ‘No VIN for me’. 🫠

• Funny
Reactions: JOL1 and busterboy
The VINs that people are reporting at the moment are not final and are being extracted from account webpage source code.

If you are leasing you won’t have this information until Tesla makes the VIN allocations final and your lease company notifies you.

This is, I’m sorry to say, just something lease customers will have to grin and bear.
Lex leasers have received their SMS though... So it could come down to some leasing co's being prioritised (esp when you consider there are a lot of bulk orders out), or the allocation of orders being different or down to each leasing co (which again worries me - as it'll soon turn to "whoever shouts loudest" type allocation).

It changed to Aug-Sept in the 2nd week in April (on the 9th I believe).

Mine was ordered 1st week in April - when the delivery time was still May-June. Obviously Shanghai pushed that - but still frustrating. There are a few here that have had VIN allocated in May that appear to be private sales (not lease), so I think Tesla must be prioritising certain relationships based on margin.

Overall - Wall Street pressure is the worst thing to have happened to the Tesla brand.
There is a mix of lease and private sales in here. The problem with lease companies, the buyer doesn’t know if the RN you get was previously bulk ordered, or if it was fresh from Tesla. They may have run out of bulk early RNs and you get a fresh one.

As far as we know, there is only 1 possible ship on the way. 4000 cars to cover all of Teslas RNs. That’s not a lot to go around.

You will hopefully get a VIN soon.

Last edited:
Well, I ordered 12th March, my original edd was May-June, that changed after a couple of weeks to June 11th - June 30th, this held for about 5-6 weeks. Then my date changed to August 8th - September 15th 😔. Last night I checked and my edd is just May 2022 lol. Before anyone states the obvious, I know I'm not going to get my car in the next 3 days. I'm kinda pleased I've moved from Q3, but now I have no real delivery window. Has anyone else got this? (I have no text from Tesla or bin)
I think I'm in a similar boat. My order was placed in early March, but because I went for a "stock" car from the lease company, they'd pre-ordered this in early Feb. The lease website shows my car as In Transit to Dealer. Originally EDD was late June, went up to early May, now has slipped to early August. No VIN as of yet, but probably too early for that

Reactions: Kingpopsy
I think I'm in a similar boat. My order was placed in early March, but because I went for a "stock" car from the lease company, they'd pre-ordered this in early Feb. The lease website shows my car as In Transit to Dealer. Originally EDD was late June, went up to early May, now has slipped to early August. No VIN as of yet, but probably too early for that
Mine isn't lease. It seems a lot of people that have found their Vin in the source code are lease buyers. I'll give tesla a ring later, see what they say about my date.

Reactions: MS88