Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now have basic proof Tesla are allocating orders at the higher price point first.

My leasing company have said I can opt to pay more for the same car and have it late December. So that particular car was ordered after mine (as it was a higher price), it is the same spec but will be delivered earlier.

Quite disappointed

Itā€™s no secret that Tesla prioritise the higher spec models - they have the most margin.

Itā€™s no secret that Tesla prioritise the higher spec models - they have the most margin.
The point he was making was its for the "same spec" car....just one ordered earlier before price increase is being fulfilled later than one ordered after price increase...both cars are similar.

My instinct was to think this related to the Leasing Company but from what he says Leasing Company has advised him to wait but it seems that they can access a car with similar spec earlier but at higher price .. I can understand his disappointment

Last edited:
Reactions: rowedav
The point he was making was its for the "same spec" car....just one ordered earlier before price increase is being fulfilled later than one ordered after price increase...both cars are similar.

My instinct was to think this related to the Leasing Company but from what he says Leasing Company has advised him to wait but it seems that they can access a car with similar spec earlier but at higher price .. I can understand his disappointment
That is precisely the point.

(also posted in Model Y thread)
Bluewater is filled with these cars. I did see some model 3s but mostly model Ys. must be about 300 cars there
Was told that there were about 70 collections and 30 deliveries happening just today from there!
20220924_110901.jpg

20220924_110912.jpg

(also posted in Model Y thread)
Bluewater is filled with these cars. I did see some model 3s but mostly model Ys. must be about 300 cars there
Was told that there were about 70 collections and 30 deliveries happening just today from there!

Friday at Trafford centre was similar with approximately 60 collections and 40 to deliver. Good to see SOME people are getting lucky !!

I now have basic proof Tesla are allocating orders at the higher price point first.

My leasing company have said I can opt to pay more for the same car and have it late December. So that particular car was ordered after mine (as it was a higher price), it is the same spec but will be delivered earlier.

Quite disappointed
False equivalency. This does not prove they allocate to higher priced cars first. What it does prove is they sell newly available cars at current pricing. Not the same thing

Reactions: MashinBenzin
False equivalency. This does not prove they allocate to higher priced cars first. What it does prove is they sell newly available cars at current pricing. Not the same thing
Thats nonsense.the guy is telling you that through the leasing company he can get the same spec car as the one he ordered through the same leasing company if he pays the higher price i.e. a new order will be fulfilled before his one . I can see his point. If it were a canceled car one would have to assume that Tesla was offering this to the leasing company. Whatever way you look at it I can sympathise with the guy.

Reactions: Dannyk123
I placed order on May 23rd, MYLR white 19 inch wheel, black inside. Delivery date used to be in Sep but now moved to Nov.
If I order a new one right now the delivery date would be Oct - Nov. WTF?
You must have just missed out on a Q3 delivery as a lot of early/ mid May orders were fulfilled this quarter. Maybe demand has slackened off since ( cost of living, MYLR price increase, introduction of cheaper MYRWD, you name it...) and production capacity has definitely increased. Console yourself that anyone who orders today may well not get their car in Q4 but you almost certainly will.

Reactions: Dannyk123
I placed order on May 23rd, MYLR white 19 inch wheel, black inside. Delivery date used to be in Sep but now moved to Nov.
If I order a new one right now the delivery date would be Oct - Nov. WTF?
There was a swathe of lost production in the Shanghai lockdown. Cars like mine (ordered March, edd May) have only just been delivered. But it appears Q3 production and delivery caught up a major chunk of backlog, almost as far as your order.

The reason the new order has the same EDD as yours is that they ā€˜thinkā€™ that they have sufficient production capacity to build in September/October for a Q4 delivery. The factory has less backlog and also has increased capacity following changes made.

Iā€™d be very confident that your car will make it in Q4, one ordered now will perhaps probably make it, but youā€™ll be well ahead of them in the queue. You can watch the VIN activity as deliveries unfold to prove that.