Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you can add a trade-in to your order when you didn't select that option at point of order?

Also, what are people thinking of the Tesla trade-in offers? Am I better off looking at WBAC or Motorway?
Yes, simply call up Tesla, and they'll add the trade-in option back onto your order so you can fill in the details. Their trade-in offer for my existing car was well other offers.

Reactions: mattdav
Update for anyone else that ordered in late July/August, I just got the SMS from Tesla that the arrival date is being calculated. App showed an update a few days ago and now saying 6 Dec - 21st Dec. Hoping this is the last movement and it is a 2022 delivery if I can do the collection dates.
No hidden VIN yet though!

MYLR Blue, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, Ordered 31st July

Update for anyone else that ordered in late July/August, I just got the SMS from Tesla that the arrival date is being calculated. App showed an update a few days ago and now saying 6 Dec - 21st Dec. Hoping this is the last movement and it is a 2022 delivery if I can do the collection dates.

I got my SMS saying arrival date being calculated too. No change to EDD though.

What are you using to check for the hidden VIN? Some methods no longer work....

• Helpful
Reactions: VRup
What are you using to check for the hidden VIN? Some methods no longer work....
There's essentially two methods

1) Tesla SSO - Sign In - click "Manage" on your car... Then press F12 to load the developer console (or right click and "View Source"). Then search for vin (or LRW as all VINs from Shanghai start LRW)
2) https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders - you'll need to have visited the above URL anyway for this link to work. This page returns a load of values pertaining to the car that you ordered, but one of them will be "vin".

There's also a Chrome extension available that does something similar, but the above is the more manual way.

Interestingly, currently I only see a hidden VIN via the "source code", and not via the (2nd) API link. Could be that you see a VIN first in source and API gets updated "later"? Is one VIN more "hidden" than the other?

Quite why they couldn't bring this information to the forefront to save us scrapping around for any glimmer of information, I have no idea. #JustTeslaThings

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: VRup and Jon_UK

I have had same text, have same EDD, but I have a hidden VIN. Are you checking in the source of the account page when viewing your order?

On the subject of trade-ins... I finally got an offer today. It's OK, but down a fair bit from the last one a few weeks back. If I accept now (locking in the offer for 30 days, which goes beyond my collection date) can I change my mind in say 2 weeks' time, if I decide to sell/trade privately?

I'm assuming I can, as I'm guessing Tesla would prefer a cash deposit rather than trade-in anyway?

I have a VIN! Apparently...they wouldn't tell me over the phone...but I have been allocated a M3RWD from whatever boat is due to dock in the next week or so. Lease order so I can't do any of that hidden VIN magic searching. Daley as Tesla reckons I should get it mid December. We'll see... exciting though haha

I have a VIN! Apparently...they wouldn't tell me over the phone...but I have been allocated a M3RWD from whatever boat is due to dock in the next week or so. Lease order so I can't do any of that hidden VIN magic searching. Daley as Tesla reckons I should get it mid December. We'll see... exciting though haha
Likewise, they said VIN allocated (gave me it) and delivery 'from the 14th dec' on my chat.

Same here - M3P, ordered Aug 1st. Two texts today. One saying same as above, another asking me to confirm payment method. I have a VIN (didn’t show up through source code but chrome extension pulled it up). Spoke to Tesla - they said expect text to schedule collection within 2 weeks. My EDD is 24/11 - 9/12.

Same here - M3P, ordered Aug 1st. Two texts today. One saying same as above, another asking me to confirm payment method. I have a VIN (didn’t show up through source code but chrome extension pulled it up). Spoke to Tesla - they said expect text to schedule collection within 2 weeks. My EDD is 24/11 - 9/12.
This gives me some serious hope! Same EDD, but MYLR.
I can't check for the VIN and I wont have anything on text due to the way the car was orderd so I'd best get get on the case with checking what I can tomorrow.