Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove this morning for the first time with 2023.44.1 on the M5 Bristol-Birmingham with very poo weather conditions and EAP has been flawless.
No breaking and no strange slow down episodes, even passing trucks and cars with poor visibility.
However I've experienced the poor weather conditions warning quite often but it was poor weather indeed....

IMG_3461.jpg

I drove this morning for the first time with 2023.44.1 on the M5 Bristol-Birmingham with very poo weather conditions and EAP has been flawless.
No breaking and no strange slow down episodes, even passing trucks and cars with poor visibility.
However I've experienced the poor weather conditions warning quite often but it was poor weather indeed....
I found exactly the same the other day. EAP was better that it had been for months.

I wonder if it’s 44.1 or because of the poor conditions the cameras can’t see well enough to cause phantom braking when passing other vehicles. Time will tell when the weather is quite so lousy.

• Funny
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Did my usual long drive last night on 44.1 and I only had one incident of harsh braking right at the end on the tight(er) lanes of the A3.

It also started slowing down unexpectedly a few times but there was a message on screen saying visibility was low but other than that it was fine. Also thought auto lane changes were a touch more assertive.

I had a new one today (I'm on 2023.44) -

Random bongs while auto-piloting through slow moving traffic on the M25. I think I'm right in saying it's the parking sensor bongs as there were two tones (the getting close.. then the STOP - right?).

No messages on screen, and I wasn't entirely sure the bongs were coinciding with the usual yellow / red warnings around the onscreen car.

I have USS btw.

This didn't happen at all on the return journey, which didn't have any crawling / stationary traffic.

And +1 vote for the change to Radio Favourites being a downgrade. Does anyone here think it is an improvement? Perhaps if you only have a handful of favourites, and maybe you are slightly more likely to discover a new station (that starts with a number or the letter "A"!).

And on the topic of Favourites, I've found you can't remove one if the car can't tune to it! Am I missing something?

Reactions: MB11
That's hilarious. I wonder if the reality is that its true? 🤡
Well it’s strange but for months my AP has been horrific. Hesitations and braking when passing 2 in every 10 cars. The other day I drove Manchester to Birmingham and back. A dark filthy morning and a dark filthy night on the way back - poor visibility in rain and sleet and I suffered about 90% less hesitations and braking - The best its been for as long as i can remember. Will be interesting to see if that happens when the visibility is good again. On the downside, I had “lane departure failure” warnings for 99% of the trip and the car wouldn’t auto-lane change to the left (cameras clean before departure). I guess you can’t ask for everything!

My car‘s autopilot deteriorated the day there was a software update to improve the quality of the cameras. They suddenly became massively over-sensitive causing the car the panic around other vehicles. I serious think it could be possible that the lousy conditions calmed the cameras’ vision down.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I had problems defrosting the car yesterday.. its never happened before. Previously its been one stab at the app button and the defrost is instantaneous. But yesterday I must've tried a dozen times before it finally activated. I was about to resort to sitting in the ice covered car ( frozen coke in the bottle in the drivers door) to keep the heating and Aircon on. It's in the garage now before a trip to Edinburgh today.

I had problems defrosting the car yesterday.. its never happened before. Previously its been one stab at the app button and the defrost is instantaneous. But yesterday I must've tried a dozen times before it finally activated. I was about to resort to sitting in the ice covered car ( frozen coke in the bottle in the drivers door) to keep the heating and Aircon on. It's in the garage now before a trip to Edinburgh today.
You could just select keep climate on, rather than have to sit in it, were this app issue to happen again.

I'm having problems with the defrost in general since the last update, it takes an absolute age and the inside windscreen never clears of condensation for what seems like forever and I end up wiping it. This is after having it on max defrost for a good 20 minutes. Not sure if it's something to do with the AC not being active during it now?

You could just select keep climate on, rather than have to sit in it, were this app issue to happen again.
I tried everything.. the only way I could keep the car heating the cabin was to physically sit in the seat.. the app seemed to be working OK otherwise.. just timed out when anything climate related came up.. perhaps its because it had been left for a week in the -10 conditions.. perhaps something had frozen in the climate controls in the car?

What’s happening with park assist features for those without USS? Initially they would be unavailable for no reasonable reason. Wonder if that functionality is more robust now, even if performance is still questionable.

Not really...Park Assist remains shockingly inconsistent, but with the added bonus of quicky (within 3 miles yesterday!) becoming 'degraded' due to fouled cameras on the wet, salted / dirty roads around our home currently.

I asked Tesla Resolutions, who had promised me that the 'dirty camera' issue would be addressed earlier this year, when this solution might be rolled out....

Tesla Customer Resolutions:
"We do not yet have a definitive date for these changes to be implemented.

Trust, the relevant leadership teams, engineering teams and senior designers have been reviewing these concerns and are working towards a future fix.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and cooperation."

So will 2023.44.25 be a bumper holiday update this year ?

What are anyone's predictions. I'll go with

1. Auto Fog lights, that never work, or work all the time and you can't turn them off
2. Light show extended to the RGB strip only on highland Model 3s
3. Dynamic SuperCharger availability prediction for the UK, that everyone will be irritated by and ignore
4. Ability to customise your indicator flash pattern
5. Media app to play curated adverts from X, beaming antisemitic and antivax conspiracy nonsense but only while you are parked
6. A new game, that's still somehow worse than all of the old Apogee shareware from the early '90s

I tried everything.. the only way I could keep the car heating the cabin was to physically sit in the seat.. the app seemed to be working OK otherwise.. just timed out when anything climate related came up.. perhaps its because it had been left for a week in the -10 conditions.. perhaps something had frozen in the climate controls in the car?
So, you selected the Keep Climate On mode in the car, but it just turned off when you left it? Sounds like it needs a reboot if that's what's happening, as something isn't working as it should.