Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve explained several times to them that I don’t think it’s just my car. It was introduced for me about 44.1

I’m not sure what wording they think has changed because I still get countless blocked and blinded warnings so it can’t be that.

I took several photos of the warnings and they checked the logs. I was just expecting them to say thanks for reporting and we are aware of the bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Ho hum.
Same for me. I updated to 44.1 on 25/11 and did an 80 mile round trip the following day. that was first time I ever saw the warnings.

Reactions: Adopado and Durzel
After raising a service request to inform Tesla of the “lane departure avoidance features unavailable” warning regularly display on my car and further informing them that many others are exhibiting the same issue and my thoughts of it not being specific to my car, I’ve just received this from the service team.

View attachment 1007098
Will be interested to see what they replace.

Tesla were going to replace my front cameras until very recently, on the basis I was occasionally getting no visualisations. The problem came and went, and hasn't been back for a while so I cancelled the appointment - mainly because I haven't had a single SC visit where the car hasn't come back out with some new abrasion. All of that is to say that I didn't "need" the cameras replaced, I don't think. I should be thankful I guess that they were proactively keen to replace them?

I have only been getting that Lane Departure warning since the 2023.44.x branch, from memory. Don't recall seeing it before then. Checking Service Mode shows no stored alerts, so I'm inclined to think it's a firmware problem.

Reactions: Adopado
I’m 100% certain that my car operates the same as most others and the issue is a software bug. To go from zero of these warnings ever to a couple of hundred warnings per long drive and at the same time everybody else is too much of a coincidence.
I'm also getting these warnings pretty consistently at the moment. Not sure from when exactly, but since the .44 firmware sounds about right.

Reactions: Adopado and Durzel
I’m 100% certain that my car operates the same as most others and the issue is a software bug. To go from zero of these warnings ever to a couple of hundred warnings per long drive and at the same time everybody else is too much of a coincidence.
My car has been pretty much faultless since new but I agree, since 44.1 I see the same lane departure unavailable warning continually appearing on screen. If it's not a bug I hope this isn't something to do with the NHTSA ruling in the USA, similar to the changes in internal camera monitoring.

My car has been pretty much faultless since new but I agree, since 44.1 I see the same lane departure unavailable warning continually appearing on screen. If it's not a bug I hope this isn't something to do with the NHTSA ruling in the USA, similar to the changes in internal camera monitoring.
I had incessant lane departure unavailable warnings this morning with warning beeps.. the first time that has happened.. I ignored them and continued driving.. fairly busy dual carrigeway.. when I next looked the lane departure warnings had been replaced with boot open warnings.. I had to pull over and shut the unlatched boot.. I discovered later that the boot manual latch had failed and I could only open it through the app or screen. It had popped open a couple of days ago when my wife opened the passenger door but I hadn't thought any more about that.
I also found today that on TACC I could turn off the wipers.. I've never been able to do that before.. always been active (auto or another manual speed) when TACC was active... great! no more dry wiping.
Another plus was that there was no snatch or insecurity of direction when passing the double arrows at junctions.
Does anyone else find it crazy that you get an inattention warning when trying to read the warnings appearing on the screen? I'm not able to read the warnings quick enough and get my eyes back on the road before getting an inattention warning!! Crazy!!

Will be interested to see what they replace.

Tesla were going to replace my front cameras until very recently, on the basis I was occasionally getting no visualisations. The problem came and went, and hasn't been back for a while so I cancelled the appointment - mainly because I haven't had a single SC visit where the car hasn't come back out with some new abrasion. All of that is to say that I didn't "need" the cameras replaced, I don't think. I should be thankful I guess that they were proactively keen to replace them?

I have only been getting that Lane Departure warning since the 2023.44.x branch, from memory. Don't recall seeing it before then. Checking Service Mode shows no stored alerts, so I'm inclined to think it's a firmware problem.
Also been seeing this but did it do Lane Departure before without auto pilot on? This is a new legal requirement that all new cars have Lane Departure now so possible Tesla is adding this to older models also or have tweaked it quite a bit.