Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just need a 2 button reset following 44.30.8. Car hasn’t moved since Saturday 30th on account of a positive Covid test 1st Jan.
still positive today. Could use a 2 button reset myself 😂 Wife tested positive on Saturday too despite consigning me to our granny annex for a week.
nil brownie points for moi. :eek: One wonders if we are just playing Covid ping-pong now 😂

on the plus side our neighbours all have colds that are far worse than our Covid.

Another one here with the lane departure warning since 2023.44. I assumed it was related to the US safety recall; I.e. if any of the cameras are blocked or unable to interpret their surroundings or on a road where the edges of the road lanes are not clearly defined a warning pops up. Very odd response from UK service team if they aren’t aware of such changes and I’d be surprised if everyone’s hardware has suddenly developed a fault.

Updated to .8 this morning. Within 10 minutes of driving in clear blue skies…

IMG_4389.jpeg

My guess is Tesla are as terrible communicating with their own service centres as they are communicating with the public. They’re probably making all sorts of changes in software without informing their SCs so when issues that are clearly software crop up, the SCs have to treat them as if they’re a hardware issue, until told otherwise. How many people had their boot struts replaced when that software update changed it so the boot would give up opening far too easily? That was eventually fixed with a software update, but not before numerous members here had their struts replaced.

My guess is Tesla are as terrible communicating with their own service centres as they are communicating with the public. They’re probably making all sorts of changes in software without informing their SCs so when issues that are clearly software crop up, the SCs have to treat them as if they’re a hardware issue, until told otherwise. How many people had their boot struts replaced when that software update changed it so the boot would give up opening far too easily? That was eventually fixed with a software update, but not before numerous members here had their struts replaced.
Another example: Notchy steering on the MY’s that were made in 2022. Lots had steering racks replaced, despite it starting with one software update and ceasing with another.

Reactions: Cardo
I’m getting this regularly too.

I rarely get warnings, so I’ve only just noticed that if you change the volume while a message is on screen the volume slider appears over the message…. amazing

drive in this morning on .8 i recon about 20-25 "alerts"

AWESOME! just AWESOME!
And don’t forget not to read the alerts on screen and keep your eyes on the road otherwise you get alerted about that too!

And of course not forgetting the other multitude of alerts… camera blocked or blinded, multiple cameras blocked or blinded, autopilot not available, auto lane-change not available, auto lane-change cancelled.

Piss-poor, sloppy programming.

While at the same time legacy automakers are doing more than catching up...
Were they catching up? As far as the bread and butter adaptive cruise control is concerned, they have always been way better than what Tesla have provided.

Autopilot once being some kind of superior system is a myth, it's always been plagued with phantom braking and the lane changing ability has always been terrible.

I've exchanged a couple of messages on X (Twitter) with the actual guy who does the AI for Autowipers so I am hopeful they might be actually working to solve this issue and engaging with customers. A lot of people seem pretty happy with the progress.
Wait you told them to sort this S*** out and now they are? That's probably more worthy of a knighthood than most that get one if it happens 😉