Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my first drive in the dark this morning on 44.30.9, I noticed that high beam now resumes just two seconds after an oncoming car passes rather than 3 - 4 seconds as has been the case up to now. I don’t know if reaction to chevron signs has improved or not
Drove last night on country roads with 0.9 … no difference for me with respect to auto lights and signs or time to restore full beam. (The lights are generally OK and are better than a few years ago but nothing has changed with this update for me. )

Since getting .9 at the beginning of the week, passing random junctions on a Motorway (Autopilot) causes the car to momentarily jerk left and disengage against my hand pressure. It's as if the car is trying to exit which is annoying especially as basic AP doesn't have the off-ramp feature. It's also the first issue I have experienced with the .44 update sequence and wasn't there with .1 .5 or .8.

Since getting .9 at the beginning of the week, passing random junctions on a Motorway (Autopilot) causes the car to momentarily jerk left and disengage against my hand pressure. It's as if the car is trying to exit which is annoying especially as basic AP doesn't have the off-ramp feature. It's also the first issue I have experienced with the .44 update sequence and wasn't there with .1 .5 or .8.
Are you on NOAP or just AP?

I’ve given up using NOAP because of crap like that.

There are a couple of junctions on the M40 northbound that have caused this behaviour in my car since I got it in late 2022 when using AP.
The force required to correct the cars trajectory was sufficient to cancel AP, and has occasionally also triggered the car to slow abruptly.

As it was always repeatable (for my vehicle), I just knock AP off as I come up to those junctions. So I couldn’t comment that I‘ve consistently tested it with every update, but it was there for me in earlier releases.

Reactions: MrBadger
Not sure what is the beef with auto high beam guys. Apart it sometimes doesn't turn off due to street lights, it works quite Ok for more or less a year now. Auto high beam is the least issue now
They're definitely better but still fatally flawed for me in situations where they turn back on far too quickly/easily where I can visibly see tail lights. I personally would never reactivate them where I know the driver in front can see my lights directly in their rvm, especially at the distances Tesla is turning them back on.

The same, but on M62, towards to Leeds.

They're definitely better but still fatally flawed for me in situations where they turn back on far too quickly/easily where I can visibly see tail lights. I personally would never reactivate them where I know the driver in front can see my lights directly in their rvm, especially at the distances Tesla is turning them back on.
They turn on too slow compared to what I had as experience with Ford..
It turns off quite ok I would say

And yesterday things went entirely haywire. All the cameras packed up, AP was unavailable, sentry didn’t work, and the FSD visualisation was completely empty. Ended up setting up a service request as there’s clearly some serious glitches in this version.
Sounds like your AP computer crashed and failed to successfully reboot. Once that happens you won't get it back until the car sleeps, thus powering down the AP computer.

Could well be an issue in this software release - but keep an eye on it as it could be a faulty autopilot computer.

And yesterday things went entirely haywire. All the cameras packed up, AP was unavailable, sentry didn’t work, and the FSD visualisation was completely empty. Ended up setting up a service request as there’s clearly some serious glitches in this version.
I posted a thread about this behaviour a while back here..

It may be a more serious issue, but could well be that it needs to sleep fully to enable the AP computer to reboot.

After raising a service request to inform Tesla of the “lane departure avoidance features unavailable” warning regularly display on my car and further informing them that many others are exhibiting the same issue and my thoughts of it not being specific to my car, I’ve just received this from the service team.

View attachment 1007098
Tesla mobile service coming tomorrow to “fix” this.

Yes, do keep us posted please. The lane departure message only seems to occur on my MY when the sun is low and ‘blinds’ one of the side cameras. Having said that, I haven’t seen the message recently and I remain on .5 having refused the recent updates.

So Tesla are here at the moment. As usual the technician is brilliant.

He’s heard my explanation of the lane departure warning issue and it’s associated problems and I’ve also told him about the many other similar comments on this forum.

He’s just in the process of changing my repeater cameras for the latest V4.

They think it’s possible that pre-2021 cars with the same camera versions as mine (2019 3P) could have a problem with the latest software.

When the cameras have been replaced, they will need to be recalibrated which takes approximately 50 miles of driving before I am able to use autopilot.

I’ll post further to confirm if the issue is fixed and also the horrendous speed hesitations while passing other vehicles on the motorway.

IMG_4569.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Doudeau
So Tesla are here at the moment. As usual the technician is brilliant.

He’s heard my explanation of the lane departure warning issue and it’s associated problems and I’ve also told him about the many other similar comments on this forum.

He’s just in the process of changing my repeater cameras for the latest V4.

They think it’s possible that pre-2021 cars with the same camera versions as mine (2019 3P) could have a problem with the latest software.

When the cameras have been replaced, they will need to be recalibrated which takes approximately 50 miles of driving before I am able to use autopilot.

I’ll post further to confirm if the issue is fixed and also the horrendous speed hesitations while passing other vehicles on the motorway.
Mine is a 71 plate LR and I get the Lane Departure not working thing too, seems to coincide with cameras getting blinded by the sun.

Also only started happening recently so one of the last few updates has done the deed.

I get this message in loads of conditions including the dark, low sun etc. I would say it's more often that not.

My guess is it's always been like this but Tesla are having to put the information on to the display for some arse-covering lawyer exercise.