Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am aware the UWB is present on Android phones, but (from what I have read) at this point the support is only being added to the iOS app. Tesla's feature parity across the app's is quite poor when you look into it.

Technical rant mode on ;)
As an Android developer who has been trying to get UWB ranging working since the Pixel 6 Pro, I can say that Jetpack UWB support is still only at the Alpha stage.
At least I have managed to get ranging working to a beacon, but it's <2m range and suffers from intermittent drop outs.
Of course Apple UWB support is not FiRA, it's an Apple standard and Google actually said they were waiting for Apple to adopt FiRA ;)
The main problem is that unlike NearBy on iOS, Google has left it up to manufacturers to use their own mechanism to discover the UWB device you want to range against. So you have to rely on bluetooth to do the initial discovery and setup parameters with each manufacturer doing their own thing...
At least Tesla can control the discovery and ranging protocol.
Technical rant mode off...

Hopefully they sort out UWB soon for Android, but as my M3P is a 2019 model, I won't be trying it out :)

2023.2.6 installed yesterday.
First trip this morning: climate off, but on the consumption tab says "if I drop 1°C, I will save 0.5%" or something like that.
Climate on (20°C) and tell me "if I keep the temperature at 22°C, I will save 0.5%" or something like that.
Doesn't matter which temperature I set... The suggestions are the same.

2023.2.6 installed yesterday.
First trip this morning: climate off, but on the consumption tab says "if I drop 1°C, I will save 0.5%" or something like that.
Climate on (20°C) and tell me "if I keep the temperature at 22°C, I will save 0.5%" or something like that.
Doesn't matter which temperature I set... The suggestions are the same.
It's been like this for some time, hasn't it?

I have the 7a and that's a bit slimmer than the others whilst still being tall. I'm surprised how much I like the size given I gave up my 4a begrudgingly (no security updates anymore). The Pros are absolutely enormous.
I have a 7 pro, don't find it that big tbh. that said, I always had Plus and Pro Max models of iPhones when they started to exist, so a smaller phone feels like a postage stamp to me now 😃

Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
So I’ve just been for my first drive with 2024.2.6 and I have noticed the following changes:

-PWS seems louder when reversing
-Font on screen looks sharper, particularly on pin to drive screen
-Cameras seem a lot sharper
-Slight lag with rear camera when changing to reverse.

All subjective but hopefully others can confirm.

So I’ve just been for my first drive with 2024.2.6 and I have noticed the following changes:

I'm on 2024.2.2.1 and I noticed a change in font on the pin to drive keypad when I received this update

Also noticed that TACC doesn’t work 95% of the time. Might be to do with the fact that there is pretty much zero visualisation on the display anymore. All I can see is my car and no line markings or anything. Frustrating!

Also noticed that TACC doesn’t work 95% of the time. Might be to do with the fact that there is pretty much zero visualisation on the display anymore. All I can see is my car and no line markings or anything. Frustrating!
On 2024.2.6

I've just come back from a 200 mile drive.

100 miles in, my visualizations all failed, including speed limit, lane lines, also with no autopilot/FSD available and no park assist. All cameras seem to work okay.

I've done a reboot twice, but to no avail.

I realise how much I miss FSD when its not available. I'm hoping its a software fault rather than a hardware issue - I'll try another re-boot tomorrow.

Same. I've been fortunate not to have real problems with the wipers in the past. But I got 2024.2.3, went out in the rain, and they would just not work. I had to use the manual settings. Waiting to see what happens with the next update.

I went out in the rain today and the wipers worked perfectly! No (visible) updates. Bizarre.

On 2024.2.6

I've just come back from a 200 mile drive.

100 miles in, my visualizations all failed, including speed limit, lane lines, also with no autopilot/FSD available and no park assist. All cameras seem to work okay.

I've done a reboot twice, but to no avail.

I realise how much I miss FSD when its not available. I'm hoping its a software fault rather than a hardware issue - I'll try another re-boot tomorrow.
Same mate. So annoying as I was very happy with TACC 😂. Why change things that ain’t fixed! I’ve tried two reboots and nothings changed!

Defo the new software as I downloaded it last night and it’s been perfect up until this morning!

Reactions: JupiterMan