Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

[UK] 2024.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240301_081827_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240301_081827_Settings.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 27
I will say this for the update. I did the 20 minute school run in the pouring rain and the autowipers were great.
Oh no, another suggestion that the latest update has fixed the wipers. Happens after every minor update. It won’t have fixed anything.

My wipers are usually fine in pouring rain. It’s with light drizzle, motorway surface spray and low sun on a dry windscreen that they are absolutely crap.

My wipers are usually fine in pouring rain. It’s with light drizzle, motorway surface spray and low sun on a dry windscreen that they are absolutely crap.
^^^ This. This morning on the M11, lorry spray, drizzle etc. Just don't turn on at all, then suddenly they have a wipe, then go back to sleep. They are never, ever, going to get this to work properly and should throw in the towel and fit a proper sensor.

Oh no, another suggestion that the latest update has fixed the wipers. Happens after every minor update. It won’t have fixed anything.

It does make me laugh that after every update someone will claim the wipers have been fixed, usually after one short drive. Your experience is exactly the same as mine. Motorway spray when there is no actual rain is a particular problem - the wipers are worse than useless.

I said clearly I only drove it for 20 minutes in the pouring rain. In my previous experience the wipers would have wiped too slowly and I would have had to manually set them to “2” but this time I didn’t have to do that. So that looks like an improvement to me.

I haven’t had a dry wipe for a while.

I can only call it like I see it. But the Tesla engineer responsible for auto wipers engages on X and he is hopeful the neural net is getting better.

Reactions: spdpsba and init6
It does make me laugh that after every update someone will claim the wipers have been fixed, usually after one short drive. Your experience is exactly the same as mine. Motorway spray when there is no actual rain is a particular problem - the wipers are worse than useless.
I didn’t say fixed. I said they were good on an initial 20 minute drive in the pouring rain. If you can’t read that’s on you.

Reactions: init6
My rear screen on my highland went black a couple of weeks ago, the "Rear Screen" App on the main screen was just a spinning wheel with "Tap to wake rear screen" in the pane. Tapping the rear screen in the back, or tapping the pane in the front didn't wake it. Luckily for me a 2 button reset did - 2024.2.6.