Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
keeping opening app to see that update...

e917a9d2499b7891fcdc6eb14e62a718.gif

The update messed up my headlight alignment and they were pointed at the sky after install blinding other cars. I've angled them down in the service menu but the headlights seem to be cross-eyed and the beam blocks two separate areas. Anyone else had similar?
1000097202.jpg

Probably just related to a change in how the dipped beam pattern is with the new update? Failing that I’d just do another auto calibration. It’s not unheard of for lights to go out of whack after an update.

Got the update myself just before midnight. I received the adaptive headlights feature on my retrofitted matrix lights 👍

Attachments

• IMG_7265.jpeg
    IMG_7265.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7264.jpeg
    IMG_7264.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 8
It still amazes me how the same people every new update seem to get the release first!

Is it still pot luck or now theres a science to it? Very much looking forward to this update.

It’s FSD and EAP (by the looks of it) first, then trickles down to everyone else.

Only exceptions to that rule, is when an urgent fleet wide rollout happens for something that must have been fairly nasty and the “holiday” update, that often goes out big bang too.

It’s FSD and EAP (by the looks of it) first, then trickles down to everyone else.

Only exceptions to that rule, is when an urgent fleet wide rollout happens for something that must have been fairly nasty and the “holiday” update, that often goes out big bang too.
I have EAP on my 3 but seem to be last to the party most of the time. My colleague who doesn't have EAP on his Y always gets them weeks before me!

The update messed up my headlight alignment and they were pointed at the sky after install blinding other cars. I've angled them down in the service menu but the headlights seem to be cross-eyed and the beam blocks two separate areas. Anyone else had similar? View attachment 1029456
There was a glitch that could cause the calibration to go wrong if the car was updated whilst parked on an incline. All that was required was to re-calibrate the headlights whilst parked level. If you’ve manually changed the headlight adjustment, you’ll likely have messed up the beams and will need to put them back to where they were before (remembering what you did) or use the Tesla manual and follow the instructions on how to set up the lights. You’ll need space, a wall and some tape for the latter.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
was the first to mention it and I’ve not got it, surely they know Brits like to queue and I feel I was technically first!
2024.8.4 deployments have really gathered pace. Teslafi reporting 720 installs yesterday, and 210 already today with another 856 pending.
It's certainly picked up. but blanket numbers don't really mean that much, that could be 0.1%, 1% or 10% of the cars they track. Tesla Info are showing up to 10% of cars on the release which does look promising.

But then again... none of the numbers really mean much as my car is not one of them!!

2024.8.4 just installed. No adaptive headlights for a 2019 M3.
Sadly it's because you predate Matrix headlights

• Funny
Reactions: eaglesrest
The update messed up my headlight alignment and they were pointed at the sky after install blinding other cars. I've angled them down in the service menu but the headlights seem to be cross-eyed and the beam blocks two separate areas. Anyone else had similar?

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Are people driving all the time with high beam on and letting them adapt? Almost never use high beam so it’ll take some adjustment.
That's the idea. If you live in a built up area, with street lights adaptive matrix is not going to be such a big deal as someone like myself who lives in a rural area, with no street lights whatsoever. Actually I rarely drive anywhere with street lights day to day. So for me it will be a case of leave it on high beam all the time at let it dip/adapt as required.

If you only drive with dipped headlights under street lights you may not want to turn it on at all as you may end up with unnecessary high beam which could get annoying. No doubt there will be continuous tweaks to its functionality that will make it set and forget for everyone.

Reactions: Obie and page3
That's the idea. If you live in a built up area, with street lights adaptive matrix is not going to be such a big deal as someone like myself who lives in a rural area, with no street lights whatsoever. Actually I rarely drive anywhere with street lights day to day. So for me it will be a case of leave it on high beam all the time at let it dip/adapt as required.

If you only drive with dipped headlights under street lights you may not want to turn it on at all as you may end up with unnecessary high beam which could get annoying. No doubt there will be continuous tweaks to its functionality that will make it set and forget for everyone.
I would have assumed the car would recognise that you were in a street-lit area and not use the adaptive high beam at all. Do we know if this is the case?