Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know how you get on with this as I was planning on purchasing the same for my M3.
Yeah, I’ve had it installed for about the last 4-5 weeks now - and I’m really happy with it.

Literally just line it up and stick them straight on - couldn’t be easier. The matte version has a soft-feel to it, which is nice - but not sure how it would stand up to a serious scratch. Day to day wear is absolutely fine though - doesn’t show any marks easily.

I can take some pictures and post if you’d like to see it in more detail.

Yeah, I’ve had it installed for about the last 4-5 weeks now - and I’m really happy with it.

Literally just line it up and stick them straight on - couldn’t be easier. The matte version has a soft-feel to it, which is nice - but not sure how it would stand up to a serious scratch. Day to day wear is absolutely fine though - doesn’t show any marks easily.

I can take some pictures and post if you’d like to see it in more detail.

Even better, that would be great, I’m a bit OCD with fingerprints so it’s something I wanted to have in stock ahead of a delivery at some point in 2020!

Thanks.

Any recommendations from current M3 owners on screen protectors in the UK? I was looking at the one over at Elon accessories however $70 is way overpriced for a screen protector.

Ideally I'm looking for a Matte finish to avoid glare and avoidance of fingerprints although you're never going to get away from a screen you don't have to wipe every couple of days.

We got the Abstract Ocean matte one - you cannot tell its on there. It warns about potential loss of resolution, but you wouldn't know if it did or not.

Not as easy to fit as the video made out though - took me two attempts and a few heart stopping moments as, no matter how many times we cleaned it, the screen just wanted to attract that one tiny flex of lint - ironically from the supplied cloth. Second time around we used the screen cloth that came with the car. The supplied bezel should make it nigh on impossible to misalign, but do a 'dry fit' first.

It dramatically reduces/eliminates specular highlights and greatly reduces diffuse reflections - you still get sun glare though at some angles. You can still see finger prints in some lighting conditions but easy to clean. Certainly no longer the finger print magnet that the original screen was.

I can highly recommend the AO matte screen protector. Just don't use their supplied white cloth.

Last edited:
I bought this one, although it’s not technically a matte finish I can’t tell it’s on there at all and it was super easy to install. I’m really happy with it.

lesgos Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3, 15" 9H HD Anti-Scratch and Shock Resistant Center Control Touch Screen Car Navigation Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QQ2PQ56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aiAoEb1VKE4MH

Reactions: RichOB
Does anybody have any idea when the official Tesla car mats will be available in the UK?

May also be worth seeing if @AlternateFlux is still around - for a brief period of time (have not seen him on here for a while and he is no longer a vendor - he was an early adopter who was able to manufacture custom mats as a hobby) he made some custom mats which seemed to be very well received.

Reactions: Cooper1275
We got the Abstract Ocean matte one - you cannot tell its on there. It warns about potential loss of resolution, but you wouldn't know if it did or not.

Not as easy to fit as the video made out though - took me two attempts and a few heart stopping moments as, no matter how many times we cleaned it, the screen just wanted to attract that one tiny flex of lint - ironically from the supplied cloth. Second time around we used the screen cloth that came with the car. The supplied bezel should make it nigh on impossible to misalign, but do a 'dry fit' first.

It dramatically reduces/eliminates specular highlights and greatly reduces diffuse reflections - you still get sun glare though at some angles. You can still see finger prints in some lighting conditions but easy to clean. Certainly no longer the finger print magnet that the original screen was.

I can highly recommend the AO matte screen protector. Just don't use their supplied white cloth.

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ve ordered one today and with no car in sight I should have it before I get the car!