Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 529668

Mine arrived today, ordered much the same time as you, just after I ordered the car. Such a lovely neat solution and I love the soft feel of it. Looks quality and excellent value for money.
Those look great -- similar to the Jeda one but for a far more reasonable cost. I've had good experience with TapTes stuff, and have their wireless phone charge mat amongst other things. If I didn't already have the Jeda hub I would be ordering one of those.

Those look great -- similar to the Jeda one but for a far more reasonable cost. I've had good experience with TapTes stuff, and have their wireless phone charge mat amongst other things. If I didn't already have the Jeda hub I would be ordering one of those.
Despite the general feedback around the USB solution for Sentry Cam I have to say that I have not experienced any issues yet, I just manually delete the files each month rather than allowing it to automatically over-write. So far so good. Scandisk 128GB

Hellow everyone, as we are having increasing cusomters from UK, I just come across here from the Netherlands.
We do have a wide range of products which are compatible with RHD cars, plus special RHD products (e.g. floor mats). We offer quick delivery from NL plus A-Class customer service.
Welcome!

I've browsed your site a few times and added a few smaller items to the cart. Didn't complete the purchase due to the relatively high shipping cost (€8.50).

Is that a flat fee regardless of what you purchase?

Perhaps you could look at different shipping options and prices relative to the weight of the items in the cart?

Regardless, good luck, you have some nice products available.

After PostNL mislaid the first shipment, my full set of rubber mats, console wrap and coloured mudflaps arrived from Torque-Alliance.
Great quality, easy to fit. Very pleased with all the items
Hello Dilly, suprised to see our customer here and thank you for the postive message! Sorry for the waiting though, PostNL is having troubles for a timely delivery these days, we will try to use DHL and DPD from next week, hopefully the parcels will arrive sooner.
Good luck with installation, we are here to assist if you have any need.

Welcome!

I've browsed your site a few times and added a few smaller items to the cart. Didn't complete the purchase due to the relatively high shipping cost (€8.50).

Is that a flat fee regardless of what you purchase?

Perhaps you could look at different shipping options and prices relative to the weight of the items in the cart?

Regardless, good luck, you have some nice products available.
Hi Medved,
You do have a good point here. In short notice we will able to reduce the shipping cost to 4 euros if the products can be fit in postbus box.
Currently for orders between 70 and 120 euros the shipping cost is 6 euros, above 120 euros a free shipping will be provided, this is a parcel service via PostNL which take (normally) 2-3 business days from NL to UK.
Price wise, for small items we are not able to compete with Amazon or Aliexpress yet as we need to deal with EU import tax and VAT etc. and comply with local regulations, I guess for people who may need more items in one go, we could be a interesting alternative :)

Was glad to see Boris recovered well today, hope everyone here stay safe and healthy, and this pandemic will end soon...

Reactions: Medved_77
Hello Dilly, suprised to see our customer here and thank you for the postive message! Sorry for the waiting though, PostNL is having troubles for a timely delivery these days, we will try to use DHL and DPD from next week, hopefully the parcels will arrive sooner.
Good luck with installation, we are here to assist if you have any need.
Thanks. Everything fitted perfectly and looks great.

Picked up a few bits and bobs since collecting my M3.

Center console tidy
Good price, is flocked not hard plastic on top. Good fit and alignment. Room underneath still avail to store hardrive case or other rarely used items. I store the actual hardrive in the cubby closest to the USB slots.

Frunk Mat
Cheap. Comes folded but it sorts itself out. My no means top quality but it'll do the job for muddy kids stuff etc.

Charging Cable Holster
I use the UMC as my full time charger. This is attached to the outside of my garage with the charging cable routed under the garage door. The UMC block sits inside the garage and out of the elements. Works well and no issues with the connector falling out like some reviews.

I also purchased the Tesla carpet mats on collection. I'm happy with them and like the fact they cover where the dead pedal should be. Most others on Amazon or eBay do not have this.

Reactions: Adopado
I use Waze a lot and having the phone down in the charging centre console spot was too far from my eyeline to be useful.
I bought the Xvida suction mount car charger and it works great.

Mines mounted to the rear of the touchscreen with the iPhone X in portrait to work Face ID, but you could probably have it landscape above the screen if desired.
The steering wheel does block a little of the screen but not enough for it to be a problem. I did have to remove some trim to run the cable into the centre console but easily done if you have a spare half hour.

You will need one of their magnetic cases, or a magnet card to fit to an existing case to make it mount properly.

Photo attached showing setup.

Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Suction Mount for Smartphones

20200423_123741862_iOS.jpg

I use Waze a lot and having the phone down in the charging centre console spot was too far from my eyeline to be useful.
I bought the Xvida suction mount car charger and it works great.

Mines mounted to the rear of the touchscreen with the iPhone X in portrait to work Face ID, but you could probably have it landscape above the screen if desired.
The steering wheel does block a little of the screen but not enough for it to be a problem. I did have to remove some trim to run the cable into the centre console but easily done if you have a spare half hour.

You will need one of their magnetic cases, or a magnet card to fit to an existing case to make it mount properly.

Photo attached showing setup.

Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Suction Mount for Smartphones

View attachment 535027
Watched this last night:

Not sure how effective it is but there seems to be a few ways you can use the cars browser to mirror your phone screen.

EDIT: Just re-read and see you're using iOS. Maybe a similar solution exists but the video was for android.

I purchased this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VGF4YTL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm going to say, it fits 'ok'. However, when you lift the whole console up for access underneath the charging mat, it does catch a little bit and I wouldn't expect a Tesla OEM part to do that. Still, if you can live with it, it's a bit cheaper.

The TapTes one does that too, I'd be interested to know if the Tesla OEM one does the same, as it is annoying!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Do the phones lose charge if they slide to one side? I've noticed that if I go round a corner the phone slides to one side and the charge disconnects.

What's the OEM one like? I feel a sale and purchase coming on.
I haven't noticed that problem, but then I haven't really driven that much (only 557 miles on the clock). I have an iPhone XS in a silicone case so that probably helps keep the phone in place as does the ridge down the middle of the charger.

Sometime ago I bought a cover for the air intake in the frunk to stop debis going down inside. Quite a few are available but I bought mine from Taptes. I’ve just got round to installing it (after months) only to find that my inlet is a different shape than all those that I have seen where the cover is being advertised. Mine is rectangular at either end whereas the Taptes (and all others as far as I’ve seen) has a tapering end on the drivers side. I’ve cut the one I got to fit but it doesn’t look very OEM. Has anyone else noticed this difference and sourced the an appropriate duct cover?

I ordered this ebay one in early March and, unsurprising, it eventually turned up last week. Got a chance to fix today and must say that its going to be a worthwhile defence against all the detritus that had fallen on the car in recent weeks. Fitted straight in, I only needed to remove the service panel which was dead easy. Its a handed item, so do make sure you get the correct version - ours was a perfect fit too - for some reason, I was expecting something less rigid and robust so very happy with what we got. A great recommendation.

I have a question for those who have fitted and driven with it. One side of the cover appeared to have a red sticky strip, but its such a good fit that for now and has some weight that I didn't bother with it as its probably handy to allow it to be easily removed. It doesn't look like its going to come out on its own and certainly has nowhere to go if it did. What did others do with the adhesive strip, and for those that just lose fitted it, any issues of it moving after driving?