Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear air vent covers came today and I have just fitted them.
DSC_0185.JPG
DSC_0186.JPG
DSC_0187.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0190.JPG

Looking at it closely, the air comes in from the front of the car through a flat pipe and into the top part of the existing plastic vent. The low part of the plastic vent is closed off and should catch most dropped items. But better safe than sorry!

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and Roy W.
It's double sided tape and goes around the perimeter of the new covers so that they stay attached to the existing plastic vents under acceleration and braking.

To anyone else considering these vents I would recommend the type fitted and photographed at #1198. These clip into place and don't require to be held with sticky tape ...

To anyone else considering these vents I would recommend the type fitted and photographed at #1198. These clip into place and don't require to be held with sticky tape ...
That is encouraging since yesterday I ordered those and have been second-guessing my choice to opt for the clip type rather than the ones that tape down. I must say, this home quarantine has resulted in me buying a number of things for a car that is not getting used at the moment!

Has anyone tried fitting one of those "rain-spoilers" for the rear window - the one that is supposed to prevent rain from the rear window splashing straight into an opened boot - and if so does it actually work and stay stuck on?

Also I thought I'd heard something about possible design changes to the Model 3 to improve the window to boot area that might not need a spoiler to be fitted?
Yes, found it excellent; certainly makes a big difference.

Reactions: Neilman
Received the new Alcantara console shell from Torque Alliance @Heavy Rain today, not currently listed on their website. Fancied something different instead of the normal matt black or carbon look.

A little fiddly to get the alignment correct on the lids to ensure enough clearance so they don't catch on each other or the top hinge. Times like those you are glad that the 3M tape can go on and off multiple times. Spent around 30 minutes until I was happy YMMV.

My pictures might not do it justice. It looks very neat and original in the flesh, good match and glad I went for it.

before-after-shell-01.png

after-shell-02.png

after-shell-03.png

Very pleased with recent purchases from Torque Alliance. Was a better price than other sites (currently a discount on the puddle lights). Delivery took 9 days, but was worth the wait.View attachment 555416
Sorry for the long waiting, normally it only takes 2-3 days, the logistic is kinda chaotic these days, hope our lives can go back to normal soon, the weather is so nice this year, we have to enjoy it!

Reactions: philgods