Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any news on this - could it have been GridServe?

I personally think Inverness... inside a multi -storey car park, out of site.

I’m hoping that there’s another UK site which is completely missed by the online community at the moment. Gridserve Braintree isn’t accessible to the public but even so the “branded charger” spaces had been spotted and were therefore on the rumour radar. Inverness Rose St had power upgrade work at the start of the year but nothing more at the time the “new site” hint from Tesla was mentioned, plus again I’d regard this as a “known” site.

Some of the Scottish owners think that the same team who were at Fort William went to Aviemore to do the stall removal and were heading to Inverness next (followed by the Edinburgh Service Centre next month). I’m pretty sure any work at Rose St will be quickly spotted: Fort William is about as remote as you can get in the UK and that was picked up quite quickly. I’m sure locals and regular visitors to Inverness will be hungrily circling the multi-storey in the hope of seeing some activity.

I’m hoping that there’s another UK site which is completely missed by the online community at the moment. Gridserve Braintree isn’t accessible to the public but even so the “branded charger” spaces had been spotted and were therefore on the rumour radar. Inverness Rose St had power upgrade work at the start of the year but nothing more at the time the “new site” hint from Tesla was mentioned, plus again I’d regard this as a “known” site.

Some of the Scottish owners think that the same team who were at Fort William went to Aviemore to do the stall removal and were heading to Inverness next (followed by the Edinburgh Service Centre next month). I’m pretty sure any work at Rose St will be quickly spotted: Fort William is about as remote as you can get in the UK and that was picked up quite quickly. I’m sure locals and regular visitors to Inverness will be hungrily circling the multi-storey in the hope of seeing some activity.
As I wrote the above post a report of 8 stalls now being built at Inverness has just come in on the TOGUK FB group. No photos yet, I expect there will be soon though!

Reactions: CMc1
The site referenced in the article and they have applied for one near Uckfield too, decision iminent I believe. check out gridserve.com
Latest docs on planning permission suggest there may well a considerable delay due to access and traffic implications. Suggestion that roundabout is at capacity and any traffic data is out of date and would have to wait for pre covid traffic to fully recover before gathering new data. Will keep everyone updated if I can. Planning docs here - Disclaimer

• Informative
Pretty sure they’re putting some form of electric charging northbound on the A1 just outside of Biggleswade. There is already a few ionity chargers in Baldock services which are currently free vend
Probably not Tesla if there is. Looks like they’ve covered that area/route with Wyboston.

41884B18-988D-4EFF-8254-3D1794C0EB27.jpeg

• Informative
As I wrote the above post a report of 8 stalls now being built at Inverness has just come in on the TOGUK FB group. No photos yet, I expect there will be soon though!
Some more info shared on TOGUK: the stalls put in at Inverness are 6 (not 8) V2 ones removed from Aviemore (currently numbered 3-5). Some pics have been shared showing the stalls and 3 V2 charger cabinets on the ground floor.

I hope they know how to update the Nav map otherwise the live charger status could be a bit confusing

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Adopado
Some more info shared on TOGUK: the stalls put in at Inverness are 6 (not 8) V2 ones removed from Aviemore (currently numbered 3-5). Some pics have been shared showing the stalls and 3 V2 charger cabinets on the ground floor.

I hope they know how to update the Nav map otherwise the live charger status could be a bit confusing
Makes sense as I doubt they’ll want to just throw away the old stalls/cabinets from Aviemore. Strange though as the previous docs/news article supported 8 stalls.

According to this press release; low-carbon charging hub coming to that car park with 13 EV charge points and additional 8 Tesla chargers [dated December 2019]

Plans progress for Low Carbon and Active Travel Hub at Rose Street | The Highland Council

Wonder if 2 V3 and 6 V2 is a possibility.

Attachments

• 273A3532-8950-427B-8EFE-30411D9D5567.jpeg
    273A3532-8950-427B-8EFE-30411D9D5567.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Empato
Ouch.

Well, under international law its not recognised as a country as it's not a sovereign nation.

Scotland, along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland are considered Home Countries of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland so often referred to as a country within the UK.
No offence to you, but all I want to know if maybe we should count it in the naming of the sites on Supercharge Info. Instead of Stirling, UK, would you prefer Stirling, Scotland?

Well, for the next few months at least, UK is probably more strictly correct though most of us Scots will be happy enough with Scotland. By the time half the “coming soon” on Tesla’s map are complete, the odds are supercharge.info will need a new record in the countries table. You can take our lives but you’ll never take our unlimited free supercharging.

For those wondering where the Scotland pins came from, here’s the source (well, not really). Note: on the SC.Info forum you cannot see this post because only editors can.

C219D689-1319-4DF4-940C-123A820395FE.jpeg

For those wondering where the Scotland pins came from, here’s the source (well, not really). Note: on the SC.Info forum you cannot see this post because only editors can.

View attachment 590197

There are good pictures of Inverness Rose Street on TOGUK Facebook page. Not sure of the copyright status so I'll not pinch them. Not sure about specific evidence for Tesla in Stiring

Reactions: cezdoc