Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question about Tebay southbound chargers.
Had anyone accessed them by coming of at Tebay northbound and going across the bridge? I read you can but it says on signs access to hotel only yet clearly signposts the tesla chargers as well.
Yes I’ve done this several times in the past 4 years without any issues. Use the same route back across to the Northbound side.

Thanks for confirming. I used it at the weekend but been on edge waiting for some fine or something.
The route is even signposted Tesla and Hotel Guests. There's never been an issue. Be aware that when navigating to Tebay Supercharger from the south travelling north the car's nav will tell you to leave the motorway at a different junction ... don't do this, but drive into the normal Tebay Services access and drive in and past the front of the services building and turn left immediately after, following the route across to the southbound side. Similarly when leaving the southbound Superchargers and intending to continue north the car's navigation will try to take you a longer cross-country route back to the motorway when it's quicker to just retrace your route back to the northbound side and access the motorway there.

The route is even signposted Tesla and Hotel Guests. There's never been an issue. Be aware that when navigating to Tebay Supercharger from the south travelling north the car's nav will tell you to leave the motorway at a different junction ... don't do this, but drive into the normal Tebay Services access and drive in and past the front of the services building and turn left immediately after, following the route across to the southbound side. Similarly when leaving the southbound Superchargers and intending to continue north the car's navigation will try to take you a longer cross-country route back to the motorway when it's quicker to just retrace your route back to the northbound side and access the motorway there.
Yeah I'd double checked and it's on their faq, so totally ignored Sally satnav and went in southbound Tebay and across charged then back across and carried on north to the Penrith junction. 👌

Doubtful...Once it reaches the tipping point petrol stations will close like Banks. The problem for ICE owners will be getting petrol anywhere at a sensible price. Can't happen too soon!
That’s a long way off and many do have an EV chargers or two. They’ll likely move with the times. Well placed sites, cover from rain, shops and toilets. They are kind of like the Gridserve Electric Forecourts but just selling mostly petrol and diesel at the moment.

Wish I'd read this yesterday before I tried it for the first time! Thankfully I've got used to ignoring the satnav so went by instinct, but the do not enter signs are definitely a bit daunting!

It seems Penhale is often getting ICE’d due to lack of other parking spaces.

1716753921444.png

Lark Hall is just up the road, it’s not the big deal it once was, particularly given you’ll get a better charging experience at Lark Hall.
It is certainly a good charging experience, but then there is now nothing until Tebay or Scotch Corner and vice versa. They are both sites that tend to be rammed at Bank Holidays so you need to be aware and consider alternatives!

Reactions: zexpe