Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
example of why these locations are a poor choice
this is at Westfield
It's worth bearing in mind that there are no Urban Superchargers outside North America: Tesla's Supercharger locations in central London effectively provide that facility. If the correct parking restrictions are in place and enforced then it's a good solution for drivers who don't have home charging, and also a good marketing tool to advertise a charging solution to prospective owners.

I live a long way from London, btw, and don't ever expect to want to Supercharge there.

Reactions: ringi
The big black spot for me when I stay in Aviemore, is that my 2016 S cannot get to John O'Groats and back!
Even my Model 3 LR AWD can't do it without stopping off at a non-Tesla CCS on the way..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 14.54.17.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 14.54.17.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
Manchester-South Supercharger (Stockport Service Centre).
I've seen reports that some groundworks were done at the start of this month to re-position the entry barrier so that the superchargers are available outside office hours (i.e. 24 hrs/day) - can anyone who's been there recently confirm if this is correct?

IMG_6371_Man_Suc_Nav_Crop.JPG

This location is now appearing on the Nav - showing as 6 stalls but as there are only 4 outside I'm speculating they have 2 superchargers hidden in the workshop... (or it's a more boring database error).

Reactions: CMc1
Manchester-South Supercharger (Stockport Service Centre).
I've seen reports that some groundworks were done at the start of this month to re-position the entry barrier so that the superchargers are available outside office hours (i.e. 24 hrs/day) - can anyone who's been there recently confirm if this is correct?

View attachment 503504

This location is now appearing on the Nav - showing as 6 stalls but as there are only 4 outside I'm speculating they have 2 superchargers hidden in the workshop... (or it's a more boring database error).

still listed as below on website (which is usually last to be updated on its info)

53EF29CF-4BAC-4B91-8695-D927CE95D39C.jpeg

still listed as below on website (which is usually last to be updated on its info)
Indeed, hence the enquiry on here! The website doesn't have a great track record of being correct and up-to-date, particularly when some of the granular details change.
It lists North Greenwich as having 12 Superchargers but last I heard only 6 were commissioned, and says there are 4 at Lifton (in reality there are 6).

I needed, by preference, Man Sth on NYE. I rang to check availability. Closing early. No availability outside wkg hrs.
From what I can tell, the changes were made in early January, so you may have been out of luck by about a week...
Also I gather it is possible, in an emergency, to park on the pavement and be able to reach the chargers. However in my opinion it would be preferable to use an alternative public charge point (I think there are a few nearby).

Reactions: IanMcL
Moderator comment - merged from 'Looks like the Wiltshire A303 based supercharger is back on'

Looks like the Wiltshire A303 based Supercharger is back on...

I thought they had completely forgotten about it but they have updated the 'coming soon' from 2019 to 2020. I know this sounds trivial and pointless, but the fat that they have updated it to 2020 must mean that it is still on the go, hurry up as it's only a couple of miles from me and much needed for the South West area.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
Looks like the Wiltshire A303 based Supercharger is back on...

I thought they had completely forgotten about it but they have updated the 'coming soon' from 2019 to 2020. I know this sounds trivial and pointless, but the fat that they have updated it to 2020 must mean that it is still on the go, hurry up as it's only a couple of miles from me and much needed for the South West area.
Sadly all the 'Coming in 2019' were changed enmasse to '2020'. Amesbury was coming in 2018 and probably before that....
A Tesla supercharger on your doorstep isn't actually what you want - you really want one 150 miles away! (Charge at home and splash & dash at superchargers)
Having said that I do see the need for the Amesbury supercharger for those down in deepest Somerset/Dorset or those braving those parts.

Sadly all the 'Coming in 2019' were changed enmasse to '2020'. Amesbury was coming in 2018 and probably before that....
A Tesla supercharger on your doorstep isn't actually what you want - you really want one 150 miles away! (Charge at home and splash & dash at superchargers)
Having said that I do see the need for the Amesbury supercharger for those down in deepest Somerset/Dorset or those braving those parts.
I own a model 3 and would agree with you but if I had an S or an X then free supercharging would be cheaper than charging at home