Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
💣💣💣6x SuC built at Flimwell Park on the A21 in East Sussex. TN5 7FJ
Exact location appears to be 51.05251, 0.45483
B7B05F4E-0E0E-43BC-863F-182CABC8311F.jpeg

Last edited:
Details of facilities and the original of the photo showing the SuCs in place can be found here.
Great news in the region now that Sevenoaks is open and this will open soon further down the A21. Now we just need a reason to visit Hastings…. 😜

Here’s how the South East looks now. Several steps forward with Sevenoaks, the built site at Flimwell Park, and the plans for GridServe Uckfield, Gatwick and Pease Pottage.View attachment 710463
Please remember there is nothing South of Maidstone................. the Folkestone Superchargers can ONLY be accessed if you are travelling on the Eurostar etc services.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Please remember there is nothing South of Maidstone................. the Folkestone Superchargers can ONLY be accessed if you are travelling on the Eurostar etc services.

Folkestone (France) could really do with some English superchargers. Calais has loads, but UK Kent is lacking, the closest are the 6 high usage v2s at Maidstone.

Poor service on the south coast and A2 from the ferries.

Always worth pointing this about as it’s not obvious to new owners at all. Fair play.

whilst it’s not Tesla SuC related per se, if you do find yourself Superchargerless down the bottom end of Kent and need a charge locally there are some tidy and reliable Instavolts in both Broadstairs and Folkstone, both at Bannatyne gyms which have got me out of a pickle a few times when I’ve visited. This helps relieve the panic when, as Martinb999 points out, there’s not Tesla charging after Maidstone.

Reactions: adsheff
How’s Cambourne? heading down that way during the week and if its been reliable since opening (and not too busy) will affect how much I charge up at Lifton. Its a great location for hitting deeper Cornwall with low charge, and topping up for travelling the local area and having enough to get you back to Lifton

How’s Cambourne? heading down that way during the week and if its been reliable since opening (and not too busy) will affect how much I charge up at Lifton. Its a great location for hitting deeper Cornwall with low charge, and topping up for travelling the local area and having enough to get you back to Lifton
Heard good things - all v3 and seeing the comments and check ins on zap map and plugshare people seem pleased - I went there a week before they were live so missed it and it much needed in that part of England so you will be glad it’s there! 3rd party charging in that part of England is meh 😒 so thank god for these superchargers! 🙏🏼

I drove through Brighouse Westbound services today, and there was activity! There was a bloke mounting the EV charging signage above the superchargers. There were also two Model S's parked in the supercharger bays.

On my way home this evening I will go via the Eastbound services, and see if there is any activity going on there too.
Sounds encouraging! Tesla removed their map marker for Brighouse in January; it then reappeared briefly last month with a Q4 2021 target opening date before being removed again. New signage plus that Q4 2021 teaser could hint at something happening imminently. Fingers crossed for more tell-tale activity at either or both services...

I drove through Brighouse Westbound services today, and there was activity! There was a bloke mounting the EV charging signage above the superchargers. There were also two Model S's parked in the supercharger bays.

On my way home this evening I will go via the Eastbound services, and see if there is any activity going on there too.
Wow! Great news. Let’s hope this is really happening!

It looks like there has been some activity. Because my memory is so bad that I can't remember how this place looks despite driving through it once a week, I've managed to find a view of it on google maps to compare that is relatively recent:

The EV charging signage has gone up on 5 of the bays
Two of the chargers have been removed, with a large concrete or metal (I was there literally 30 mins ago and can't remember what they were made of) plinth put in place.
IMG_2126.jpg

I'm probably going through the Westbound again tomorrow, so will grab a photo if there is anything interesting looking there.

• Helpful
Reactions: PB1975 and cezdoc
Any one know the story regarding Sutton Scotney, Winchester! It's well out of my normal stamping ground but I'm in the vicinity and it appears to be unavailable on app and car info.

No recent knowledge, but a couple of weeks ago it appeared to have one stall out of order: I had my eye on it on a couple of trips down the A303 and it flipped between "1 stall available" and out-of-order, presumably as people came and went.

This is one of the very first UK supercharger sites, only 2 stalls, lower power than many (because it draws power from the existing buildings rather than having a dedicated supply as most larger sites do), but was very busy for much of its life due to the delays in getting Fleet open and the premature closure of Winchester Badger's Farm.

It's at a hotel that feels like you drive for miles to the middle of nowhere (especially if you do it at night!), though not actually that bad a detour when you look at it on the map.