Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe Redbridge used to have a camera patrol but now they are checking you in and out very specifically (the posted video shows the entrance cameras) ... the Hozah system subsequently sends you an email with your times.
But that's only if you're registered with Hozah. It's purely optional. The Hozah system has been in place for a good while. I was registered but got rid of it after it failed to see me leave within the hour. I'm sure someone posted on one of the Tesla Facebook groups that they'd spoken to the city council and been told they didn't need a ticket if they were rapid charging for less than an hour. I've not charged there since the hub opened but I have been in and out for a short while without getting a ticket a couple of times.

• Informative
Reactions: petit_bateau
Tesla App states that Oxford Redbridge is Temporarily closed - heat thing or something more major???

Edit to add: As I understand it, at all Oxford P&Rs you get a very short grace period of 15 minutes or so for drop offs and pick ups before needing a ticket. Even for the free 1 hour. I use RingGo, when it works... :rolleyes:

Reactions: petit_bateau
Edit to add: As I understand it, at all Oxford P&Rs you get a very short grace period of 15 minutes or so for drop offs and pick ups before needing a ticket. Even for the free 1 hour. I use RingGo, when it works... :rolleyes:
Not had any issues with that but did object to the fee to use the toilets. Decided to hop the barrier, it swung around under my weight and deposited me in a heap on the floor with most of the skin missing from my shin, so sadly can’t recommend.

No. 9 SuCs coming to Roadchef Annandale Water (A74), Scotland - with solar canopy.

No. 10 GRIDSERVE to compliment

The planning drawing doesn’t match the CAD visual so could be 10 SuCs and 9 GRIDSERVE

5EE09699-DC96-4739-BEEA-ECAE1181CB4D.jpeg

DD535F31-CAF4-40C8-A549-4FC225733F6E.jpeg

No. 9 SuCs coming to Roadchef Annandale Water (A74), Scotland - with solar canopy.

The planning drawing doesn’t match the CAD visual so could be 10 SuCs and 9 GRIDSERVE

View attachment 830109
View attachment 830110

Access from north and south ... which is nice. M&S Food for snacks and a Macdonalds if that's you're thing. Accommodation (Days Inn) needs smartening up by all accounts but has a rather lovely outlook over a small loch/lake. Will be a great alternative to Gretna.

Last edited:

View attachment 830109
View attachment 830110

Looks great, and the M74 definitely needs more capacity. At least the Scottish rain will keep those solar panels nice and clean for the 3 sunny days a year.

Looks great, and the M74 definitely needs more capacity. At least the Scottish rain will keep those solar panels nice and clean for the 3 sunny days a year.
Pending the results of any future referendum, and following the successful takeover of England by King James VI of Scotland, that rain belongs to Her Britannic Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Long may its cooling, cleansing grace wash over us all .

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado
Pending the results of any future referendum, and following the successful takeover of England by King James VI of Scotland, that rain belongs to Her Britannic Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Long may its cooling, cleansing grace wash over us all .
Isn't Scottish Rain a protected dish, like a Cornish Pasty or a Melton Mowbray Pork Pie ? It is distinctly different, in the rest of the UK it falls down, in my experience Scottish Rain tends to fall sideways. Also lots of Whiskey adverts seem to claim how special it is.

Isn't Scottish Rain a protected dish, like a Cornish Pasty or a Melton Mowbray Pork Pie ? It is distinctly different, in the rest of the UK it falls down, in my experience Scottish Rain tends to fall sideways. Also lots of Whiskey adverts seem to claim how special it is.
Whisky in Scotland. Irvine Welsh is the only scot to put an E in his whisky. It's the peat in the water that makes the water so special (and brown). The rain can be portrait or landscape in format. Our electrons also come out the chargers sideways which is why it takes Tesla so long to install new SUCs here. They need sideways diodes. Slàinte Mhath! 🥃

View attachment 830109
View attachment 830110

Great stuff. Before we went electric this was a favourite stop - generally less bleak and windswept than Abington.
I've added an entry to the wiki at the start of this thread. Approximate location coordinates: (55.219700,-3.411000).

This looks similar to the proposal for Rownhams - I wonder if more are in the pipeline? As @CMc1 has commented, 9 SuC stalls seems very unlikely as the ninth stall would require its own additional charging cabinet.

Reactions: CMc1
V3 SuCs are 4 tombstones on a bus. I’m thinking that’s 8 tombstones and 9 bays. Resolves some of those LH / RH charging issues with non- Teslas creating a wasted tombstone.
It does show one stall / tombstone per bay on the plan. But as we know, some V3 sites have 10 total, leaving 2 spare - likely for load management reasons - so it’s not unusual for them to go to utilise max 4/8/12/16/20 etc at every site… one to watch.

Has anyone checked other roadchef sites?