Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you have to pay for the parking whilst charging?
Official rates on the Apcoa webpage quote ÂŁ2.50 for up to 30 minutes and ÂŁ2.50 for up to 1 hour.
The St Catherine's Walk webpage is currently quoting ÂŁ1 for up to 30 minutes and ÂŁ2.50 for 1 hour.
The Apcoa website has been updated to reference the Tesla chargers and there's no mention of anything like a discount/parking charge waiver.
Personally I don't mind paying for parking but it looks pricey if you're only visiting for a quick charge en route to somewhere else.

Anyone know the status of Fleet southbound? I heard it mentioned that is was finally due to open beginning of this year

Still coming soon today, the adjacent third party chargers also having coming soon signs stuck on them.

They are in an interesting location when they do eventually open. If there are are peak periods where queuing is required they are quite likely to result in a busy entrance to the car park being blocked.

Attachments

• 50CDAF1B-B115-4D72-8C12-F4E55CFDB364.jpeg
    50CDAF1B-B115-4D72-8C12-F4E55CFDB364.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 5820280B-08DF-4011-B07A-C1E65BD1BAED.jpeg
    5820280B-08DF-4011-B07A-C1E65BD1BAED.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 57
Still coming soon today, the adjacent third party chargers also having coming soon signs stuck on them.

They are in an interesting location when they do eventually open. If there are are peak periods where queuing is required they are quite likely to result in a busy entrance to the car park being blocked.
Always a busy stop. Will be a nightmare with those positions.

Fleet South is opening imminently - could be days or a small number of weeks. Everything has been solved and it is now just the switch on timing that needs to be sorted. I will hopefully get tipped off at least a day or two before they open so we can have an opening party at switch on. The longest-running supercharger project in the world is close to being complete!

Thanks for sharing this! This corresponds to Tesla's London - Edmonton marker, target opening Q3 2023. As with other service centre planning applications the superchargers are not specifically included but at other sites they end up being placed as shown in indicative drawings more often than not.

The appendix in the Framework Travel Plan document shows 13 stalls at the NE end of the car park (but specific details like tombstone foundations and charger cabinets are not shown):
(I needed to accept cookies on the Enfield planning website before @Stuart1714 's links worked)
View attachment 899605
I can confirm work has started on this site, looks like a few weeks ago. Trenches dug for cables for the super chargers and new front for the show room.

Comment on Supercharge.info saying Annandale Water (Roadchef) construction could be about to start, with fencing and site office now in car park.

No SuC equipment there yet.
Not a moment too soon! Heading north charged at Tebay but never had such a slow charge despite preconditioning and nobody sharing the charger. Got fed up at 75% (charging at 25kwH!), headed on planning to charge at Newbridge (Edinburgh) - superchargers temporarily closed, and Gretna and Abington both showed a wait en route so ended up at Perth with 8% left. Got a really fast charge at Perth though on the old V2 chargers.

Not supercharger, but destination charger at the Caer Beris Hotel Builth Wells. I notice that the hotel is up for sale as of 3 weeks ago and you're unable to book rooms. Does anyone know if the destination charger is still available? I presume not?