Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning application for service centre and superchargers at Bar Hill has been submitted. Just off the A14 northwest of Cambridge.

Attachments

• 77C34DBA-6782-41CB-8377-7D7F3F73D798.jpeg
    77C34DBA-6782-41CB-8377-7D7F3F73D798.jpeg
    496.7 KB · Views: 139
Planning application for service centre and superchargers at Bar Hill has been submitted. Just off the A14 northwest of Cambridge.

I notice the plan has a lounge with "keypad and guidance for automated door" - implying 24hr unattended access to lounge and toilets for supercharger users. Are there any other sites with this?

Also two areas on the floorplan marked "battery repair" (with "ESD floor mats" and "rescue pole") implying opening of battery packs. I think we have seen this on other service centre plans, maybe not so much detail. Also interesting is adjacent "battery storage" of two types - one drawn with something looking much like a Model S pack, the other smaller - individual modules???

Utilities statement confirms 1.9MVA electrical supply has already been ordered and paid for. That's somewhat more than needed for the 12 supercharger bays (3 V3 cabinets = 1.16MVA).

Solar PV considered at several places in the various documents (including the "community involvement") but in each case it's dismissed on the basis that using heatpumps for heating is enough to cover the energy-efficiency targets they are aiming for.

I notice the plan has a lounge with "keypad and guidance for automated door" - implying 24hr unattended access to lounge and toilets for supercharger users. Are there any other sites with this?

Also two areas on the floorplan marked "battery repair" (with "ESD floor mats" and "rescue pole") implying opening of battery packs. I think we have seen this on other service centre plans, maybe not so much detail. Also interesting is adjacent "battery storage" of two types - one drawn with something looking much like a Model S pack, the other smaller - individual modules???

Utilities statement confirms 1.9MVA electrical supply has already been ordered and paid for. That's somewhat more than needed for the 12 supercharger bays (3 V3 cabinets = 1.16MVA).

Solar PV considered at several places in the various documents (including the "community involvement") but in each case it's dismissed on the basis that using heatpumps for heating is enough to cover the energy-efficiency targets they are aiming for.
If you look at the plans, there are quite a few of these spread around, 43 to be exact.
1678669608513.png

And 12 of these.
1678669782368.png

So 12 active and 43 passive (future). I think that accounts for all the electrical supply that has been ordered. Plus all the electric lifts and other high electricity use items in the shop.
1678669962946.png

That's interesting to hear - thanks for the report. I haven't seen it reported before despite it being a marker on Tesla's website with a now-overdue target date of Q4 2022. There's a planning application nearby at Port West retail park for a 12 stall supercharger so the assumption had been that was what the Tesla marker referred to.

Any info on number of stalls, or even better a picture of the covered stalls?
Photo of new Merry Hill Supercharger via Twitter, located after I saw a post by Alex Rogers on TOUK. There are 4 charger cabinets; in the TOUK discussion one reply said there are 14 stalls in total. Looks like it’s fully built & just waiting for power to be connected.

It’s something but I don’t think it’s on purpose. A bit like how you can use some south Mimms chargers from both sides.

The downside is working out which charger is free when it’s busy and there is little to stop people ICEing the bays on the other side so there may be a charger free if you come in from the ‘wrong side’ but that space may be occupied by a non charging car already.