Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Facebook TOUK Group has posted photos of a completed, but waiting for switch on, build of 12 V4s at the Barnsley M1 J38 Old Post Office Pub, so I'm adding that to my construction list:

In the bag (just needs switch-on?):
  • Gretna Services [Expansion]
  • Exeter SC
  • Sheffield Meadowhall (Retail Park)
  • Birch Services East/West
  • Preston South (Holiday Inn)
  • Manchester Old Trafford (Retail Park)
  • Manchester Central SC
  • South Mimms Services [Expansion]
  • London Gateway Services
  • Barnsley M1 J38 (Old Post Office Pub)
Construction close to finished (all equipment in place):
  • Newport Pagnell North Services
  • Milton Keynes SC
Construction well underway (some equipment in place):
  • Rugby (Retail Park)
  • Stevenage (Gridserve)
Early stages construction (awaiting equipment delivery):
  • Abington Services [Expansion]
  • Burtonwood Services [Expansion]
  • Gretna Caledonia Park (Retail Park)
  • Bradford (Cedar Court Hotel)
  • Glasgow SC
  • Bar Hill SC
Pre-construction (site fenced off, nothing happening):
  • Tamworth Services
Possibly under construction (no evidence yet):
  • Bournemouth SC
  • Bournemouth Ferndown Golf Club
Possible expansions (unconfirmed):
  • Newport Pagnell South Services [Expansion]
  • Sarn Park Services [Expansion]
Unconfirmed as SuC site?:
  • Truro - Treliske (Retail Park)
@zexpe you're welcome to update post #1 of this thread as well if you like. Anyone can edit it, although in practice it's just me! I try to verify updates with references by including a link to a post on TMC or public social media. At time of writing I need update it for Exeter going live and Barnsley - Haigh construction.

As per discussion on this thread, the balance of probability is that nothing is happening at Sarn Park at the moment (recent digging activity was unrelated to the supercharger) and Truro was a mix up with Exeter (if something was really happening last year it would have been reported more widely by now).

Agreed there is no evidence of UK supercharger construction and commissioning slowing down although I don't know how long the pipeline of existing projects is. Historically there have been lulls of several months in the past so it could be hard to discern if pronouncements from the top are having any impact on the ground here (it might be more apparent in the US, I guess).

Reactions: CMc1
@zexpe you're welcome to update post #1 of this thread as well if you like. Anyone can edit it, although in practice it's just me! I try to verify updates with references by including a link to a post on TMC or public social media. At time of writing I need update it for Exeter going live and Barnsley - Haigh construction.

As per discussion on this thread, the balance of probability is that nothing is happening at Sarn Park at the moment (recent digging activity was unrelated to the supercharger) and Truro was a mix up with Exeter (if something was really happening last year it would have been reported more widely by now).

Agreed there is no evidence of UK supercharger construction and commissioning slowing down although I don't know how long the pipeline of existing projects is. Historically there have been lulls of several months in the past so it could be hard to discern if pronouncements from the top are having any impact on the ground here (it might be more apparent in the US, I guess).
Thanks - I was unaware anyone could edit the wiki, though I did use it as one of my sources for this list. I'll consider contributing towards it, though this list was meant to be a simpler extract of just those sites under construction and classifying them into clear groups to monitor the build progress throughout each phase of construction. One of the things I was interested in was how many were in the logjam of being completed but waiting on a DNO for switch on.

As for Truro, the only mix up seemed to be in the photo evidence that mistakenly showed the Exeter build. This evidence came after the earlier post announcing the build at a very specific site and to me still presents some interesting intel to keep an eye on - I would only dismiss it if somebody goes to The Range at Treliske and confirms there's no build there (I'll be in Cornwall in July so might stop by myself if nobody else has by then). There are sites that get built without anybody noticing for months, so an absence of a report is not proof it doesn't exist...

Last edited:
Reactions: cezdoc
There's a post on the Facebook groups of an EG Group EV Point site opened up at Warton (west of Preston), which not only uses Tesla v4 hardware, but it even says Tesla on the stalls! So watch out that future apparently Tesla sites may well be EG Group in disguise!!

Oh, and somebody has even posted a screenshot showing that their SC01 car got a free charge at the Uttoxeter EV Point chargers, which is interesting...

Last edited:
Reactions: Adnan Wasim
Planning docs for a new service centre east of St. Albans have been reported on TOUK, including 12 supercharger bays.
Tesla have a coming soon map marker, original target Q1 2024, although evidently in reality it will be a bit later than that before everything is built.

St Albans Council Ref 5/2023/2572

Glyn Hopkin Nissan, Lyon Way, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL4 0LQ
My location coordinate estimate: (51.751800, -0.275100)
This has now been granted. I even updated the wiki.

Update regarding Bournemouth site…

In essence no commencement at all. Apparently the superchargers are meant to be at the SC but Tesla have been saying that around for over a year with the team there apparently and nothing has ever happened it’s just been pushed out again and again. Nothing at the golf club either however it’s only behind the service centre so unless it’s a destination charger I very much doubt that they would have 2 supercharger locations within 500 meters of each other.

Update regarding Bournemouth site…

In essence no commencement at all. Apparently the superchargers are meant to be at the SC but Tesla have been saying that around for over a year with the team there apparently and nothing has ever happened it’s just been pushed out again and again. Nothing at the golf club either however it’s only behind the service centre so unless it’s a destination charger I very much doubt that they would have 2 supercharger locations within 500 meters of each other.
Thanks for the report! One of the SpeakEV threads listed Bournemouth as already having 4 stalls in place but I hadn't seen any verifiable evidence so it's useful to be able to confirm the SpeakEV Bournemouth info is inaccurate.

Re: the golf club, my understanding was the prospective location is at Ferndown Forest Golf Club rather than Ferndown Golf Club. The former is a bit further away from the service centre (about 2 miles?) so there is still hope something could happen there, independent of any development at the Tesla service centre.

Reactions: Rovastar and zexpe
There's a post on the Facebook groups of an EG Group EV Point site opened up at Warton (west of Preston), which not only uses Tesla v4 hardware, but it even says Tesla on the stalls! So watch out that future apparently Tesla sites may well be EG Group in disguise!!

Oh, and somebody has even posted a screenshot showing that their SC01 car got a free charge at the Uttoxeter EV Point chargers, which is interesting...
There’s four other EV Point sites variously in build with Tesla hardware / white labelling via the Tesla back end servers.

Driving through Newcastle Upon Tyne this morning noticed a few miles north of the Tyne Tunnel on A19 that there was a big Tesla place and what looked like covered chargers. Can’t see them on the map though, can anyone tell me more please? That part of the world has poor coverage for charging, so they’d be welcome.

Reactions: zexpe and Rovastar
Been told that in addition to the 8 x V3s due to be installed at Ferndown Forest Golf Club, the Bournemouth Tesla Centre (also in Ferndown) will be getting 4 x V4s installed in the next 8-10 weeks. The road outside is currently being dug up in order to upgrade the power coming onto the site.
Re Bournemouth.

My “source” from the updates I made on the Tesla V4 thread at SpeakEV came from right here! 😂😂 post above from @jordan2907

Clearly” 8-10 weeks” was either wishful thinking or pure baloney. 🤣. I’ll shove em both on the back burner at SpeakEV.

• Helpful
@zexpe known Tesla-based EV Point sites (besides operational Uttoxeter) currently in construction:

Pedestals and cabinets installed, awaiting energisation:
  • EV Point, BP/Starbucks J39 on M1: 12 bays
  • EV Point, Saddle Services J2 on M55: 8 bays
  • EV Point, Wheatley Hills: 4 bays
Ground works progressing:
  • EV Point, Chapel-en-le-Frith: 4 bays

Reactions: zexpe
Driving through Newcastle Upon Tyne this morning noticed a few miles north of the Tyne Tunnel on A19 that there was a big Tesla place and what looked like covered chargers. Can’t see them on the map though, can anyone tell me more please? That part of the world has poor coverage for charging, so they’d be welcome.
Sound like the Newcastle Service Centre at Orion Business Park? Next one North of that is Adderstone :)

Birch services westbound has just switched on some Gridserve chargers, I wonder if there is now enough power for Tesla now?
There's no significant visible changes at Birch - East or West to the Tesla chargers. The new Gridserve chargers westbound are indeed on. The damaged Tesla charger nearest to them is still wonky, though now has a "Tesla coming soon" cover over it.

Re: the golf club, my understanding was the prospective location is at Ferndown Forest Golf Club rather than Ferndown Golf Club. The former is a bit further away from the service centre (about 2 miles?) so there is still hope something could happen there, independent of any development at the Tesla service centre.
I would have expected the main ferndown gold club would have the superchargers as that one is a premium club. However the location of the ferndown forest club does have advantages as it’s on the main A31 through road so makes sense.

I’ll try and have a peek down there soon next time I’m passing.

@zexpe known Tesla-based EV Point sites (besides operational Uttoxeter) currently in construction:

Pedestals and cabinets installed, awaiting energisation:
  • EV Point, BP/Starbucks J39 on M1: 12 bays
  • EV Point, Saddle Services J2 on M55: 8 bays
  • EV Point, Wheatley Hills: 4 bays
Ground works progressing:
  • EV Point, Chapel-en-le-Frith: 4 bays
Chapel-en-le-Frith is built (with branded Tesla SCs - surely they with change the stall branding here when EV Point rebrand to EV on the go (or whatever they will be called)

Reactions: zexpe and Sean.