Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any reputable ones covering the Wigan area?

My friend in Leigh has just had an install done with API Electrical with no issues and a speedy good install and my friend is happy with the job. They are based on the other side of Leigh from Wigan just off the East Lancs. They also have a good range of chargers and he had a Hypervolt installed. They had issues with the DNO as they didn’t want the full install to go ahead as they wanted to change the fuse to a 100 amp one despite the fact it already had one. The DNO are still insisting on swapping the fuse out, but API still came out and did it quickly as he got a cancellation and had the correct fuse.

I also attempted to have an Andersen installed by them at the start of June and I live in Wigan. The process was fairly smooth from them however it turns out that I’ve got a looped power supply so they can’t do it yet. The service from the DNO hasn’t been too clever though. They did a site survey at the start of July and despite 2 email queries and a phone call in recent weeks nobody can tell me why it’s not progressing.

My friend in Leigh has just had an install done with API Electrical with no issues and a speedy good install and my friend is happy with the job. They are based on the other side of Leigh from Wigan just off the East Lancs. They also have a good range of chargers and he had a Hypervolt installed. They had issues with the DNO as they didn’t want the full install to go ahead as they wanted to change the fuse to a 100 amp one despite the fact it already had one. The DNO are still insisting on swapping the fuse out, but API still came out and did it quickly as he got a cancellation and had the correct fuse.

I also attempted to have an Andersen installed by them at the start of June and I live in Wigan. The process was fairly smooth from them however it turns out that I’ve got a looped power supply so they can’t do it yet. The service from the DNO hasn’t been too clever though. They did a site survey at the start of July and despite 2 email queries and a phone call in recent weeks nobody can tell me why it’s not progressing.

These DNO issues with checking main fuses have been a total pain for lots of people. There needs to be some political pressure to point out to them that they need to get their act(s) together because it often seems that they are adding unnecessary complication and time wasting to the smooth transition to EVs that we want and need.

Anyone who can recommend installer in Brighton area - Gen 3 wall + maybe PowerWall(s)?

So far the people I have spoken to either very expensive or do not have any idea about how PowerWall works (I have an EE background so the usual "green dribble talk around the subject" does not go far with me.

:)

/k

I had my install done this morning. I live in a new build house (less than a year old) and it already had a basic Rolec charger installed (one with the 3 pin plug) which reading up was rubbish! Luckily the developer had installed everything correctly so it was a simple switch over to a new charger.

opted for the SyncEv, it looks smart and really happy with it so far. Had this installed by MrCharger, Martin was great. He gave me lots of advice and was on time and friendly. Based on Surrey but covers most of the South.

Roll on September 11th for my delivery!

Attachments

• E2D460BE-B01E-4657-AA9D-25499DD18411.jpeg
    E2D460BE-B01E-4657-AA9D-25499DD18411.jpeg
    797.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: