Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Charge Point Installer Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed today by David Pearce Electrical today. They're based in Leicester but do nationwide installs (I'm in Warwickshire).

Very professional and thorough with carrying out virtual surveys. My install wasn't "standard" so they were keen to ensure they had all info and were confident with the requirements of the job before giving me a quote.

The job was very tidy and the guys who did the install did a great job of hiding a run of cable underneath some decking rather than digging a channel in the lawn. Overall, very pleased and would highly recommend.

Finally my Black Hypervolt installed today by Ben Hutchins from Go Electrik recommended by Hypervolt :). Very neat and Clean job. Highly recommend him for jobs in South of England. 👍
tempImagejz3HN4.jpg

tempImageJ7edfy.jpg

tempImageuwe1WF.jpg

I too used Mr Charger and was very happy with the service and would happily recommend Martin and Richard. They fit and service multiple brands of chargers for both domestic and commercial customers, so they will supply the right charger for your needs/budget. So if you are in the South East of England I would give them a call.
Oh I'm bromley also! Do you have contact details?

I'm in Northamptonshire and my Wallbox Pulsar Plus was installed last week by Crystal Electronics Ltd. I dealt with Jack Parsler (01933 226410).
They did a great job and I highly recommend.

Our install wasn't straight-forward, involved groundworks (all coordinated by Crystal) to bury the cable from the house across the driveway. The Wallbox has been installed to a stainless-steel post. The electrician also had the challenge of drilling through 500mm+ thick walls to get the cable to the meter/distribution boxes! We made the smart decision to have a second cable laid now for a second box to be installed next year. Hope that helps someone in the same area looking for an installer.

I just had my Hypervolt installed by Bumblebee. I'd say excellent sales, less than ideal service. The comms has been poor both over email and phone at times. The electrician who fitted was friendly enough, but didn't have a clue how to set up the app/etc post-install. The install itself looks good, I really like the look fo the Hypervolt unit! Now I just need my car haha

Attachments

• PXL_20211118_123852609.jpg
    PXL_20211118_123852609.jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 105
5B614840-5CA9-44DC-9AFD-45EB1DCB2F66.jpeg
Had a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed yesterday. Great service all round from order to Craig the fitting engineer. Highly recommended.

£601 all in inc OLEV grant.

Reactions: Forty_Two
I had my hypervolt installed by Derek @ DRC Electrical in Basingstoke.

My install was not a standard install as my meter and CU is in the middle of the house under the stairs, so the cable needed to go through a number of walls behind the kick panels of my kitchen cupboard around the house to the front porch.

The install took about 5 hours and he showed me how to use the App also. I received the certificates the next day also. In addition he was able to fit really quickly from quote to install was 5 days.

What I found useful for quotes was to make a short video of the key aspects of the install i required CU, cable run (using some rope).

He did a great job, and would certainly recommend

charger2.png
charger.png

Fully recommend EVC Electrical for London & Surrounding areas. Done a great job on my Hypervolt installation today. Comms we’re fast, as was installation. Received invoice this evening, could pay using bacs/credit/debit or Apple Pay, also got the NIC install certs. They have 57 5* reviews on Google.

Attachments

• 4F6B5E3A-3F3A-434D-A7A9-76B624A36F3D.jpeg
    4F6B5E3A-3F3A-434D-A7A9-76B624A36F3D.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 81
  • AB350750-F4D5-40E5-B2C5-8AB8D7E61306.jpeg
    AB350750-F4D5-40E5-B2C5-8AB8D7E61306.jpeg
    948.2 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Awesome_O
View attachment 734440Had a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed yesterday. Great service all round from order to Craig the fitting engineer. Highly recommended.

£601 all in inc OLEV grant.

Had ours installed by them last year but yesterday they replied that are not currently available in my area. So now I have to hunt around for someone else that installs these particular ones since I want to make use of the powerShare feature and thus far its been a very reliable unit.

Any recommendations from an installer in Liverpool (or near)?

I am using these guys for my Hypervolt. Cost £679 and after online survey yesterday 7th, am getting it installed on 16th Dec.

I requested a quote via Hypervolt and they sent me an email with a link for an installer which had the quote and contact details. That was 849 quid.

So wrote e back saying that it was the highest quote I have had so far and asked if they had any more 'economical' Installers? Then they emailed me again with 247EV as installer and the current quote for 689.40 quid (sorry not 679 as quoted above).

Reactions: Staypuffman
Moderator comment - whilst there is an official UK Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme authorised installers register, this sticky thread is for people to request recommendations and forum users to share their actual experiences with specific installers, good or bad.

Please be as specific with your recommendation as possible to allow people to be confident that when they engage with an installer that they will be getting a comparable level of service.

If discussing a regional or national company and/or franchise, please try and identify the particular installer, franchise or sub contractor. This should be mentioned on the regulatory paperwork or side of their vehicle. Not all installations from companies having different installers are handled to the same standard.

For charge point discussion, please use Home Charge Points Discussion and Suggestions [megathread]

Moderation comment. As above, please note that this thread is for those requesting a firm recommendation or those posting an actual installation experience of a specific installer (not a chain), good or bad. It is not for general chit chat or canvassing non specific options. There are other threads, listed above, which are more suited for the latter.