Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the VIN ranges people are being allocated, and the fact they're being allocated as Triumph Ace is loading (as Tesla told us would happen), it looks like there's somewhere from 1,000 up-to 2,500 RHDs coming on Triumph Ace.

The logic being that we're seeing VIN allocations from both the 31st May 1,000 and from the 3rd July 1,500. They could all be delivered in August I think, although it seems that will keep delivery centres busy for most of the month.

As I look at things this morning, I'm leaning towards the 7th July batch (1,900) being non-UK (or at least not fully-UK) - mainly due to delivery centre capacity in August. In which case we'd be looking out for another RHD VIN block registered around the 20th of the month for a ship leaving around the 27th which should then hit the UK for early-September deliveries.

The allocations seem pretty random with people who ordered in june and 5xxx invoice numbers getting them but reservation holders with day 1 orders not getting them.

I think they're using a raffle to select them at this point.. :p

I think a lot depends on what spec you ordered vs what's actually arriving on the boat, whether or not you have completed your order paperwork (I still haven't and many people were waiting for PCP deals etc), whether you have changed your spec (I have twice), whether you are leasing, financing, cash buyer and your choice of delivery centre. Lot's of variables there of which your reservation date is but one.

No shortage. Confirmed by Tesla today that the 19" Sport wheels are no longer available for the UK M3 configurations. They are still available in the USA and EU. Just RHD markets have the limitation apparently.

They probably decided it was easier to match orders without adding different wheel options into the mix. I'm sure the 19" option will return sooner or later as it's such a popular upgrade.

They probably decided it was easier to match orders without adding different wheel options into the mix. I'm sure the 19" option will return sooner or later as it's such a popular upgrade.
interestingly, in the states, it is an option for all variants apart from the Performance model where you have to opt for the 20" wheels. There is no P- option with 18" Aeros. Much to the disappointment of customers there I expect. The 19" Sport wheels would be a perfect option for a P- variant for many.
I'm so glad the LR AWD was available here with the 19" Sport wheels for that short period. However, the P- variant at the new price is also a great deal for the UK.

we're seeing VIN allocations from both the 31st May 1,000

I think those are allocated - and that some of them were handed over in June. Heathrow was doing 100 cars some days, and that was for over a week in the run up to end June (and included my car for which the "Will you be at home" phone call told me delivery would be "Mid July"), and there were only 200 cars on the earlier boat - plus I imagine that Tesla would have wanted to convert them into cash :) so their handover could have been completed first couple of weeks of July

people who ordered in june and 5xxx invoice numbers getting them but reservation holders with day 1 orders not getting them.

Do you actually have any evidence of same model, same delivery location, and for a non-existing-owner, where that is the case?