Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was 'confirmed' to me through the Chat function on the Tesla website a few weeks ago. It also makes sense for Tesla to concentrate all RHD unit production at a single site and Shanghai is close to a number of other RHD markets (Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand).
It absolutely makes sense yep. I don't doubt your conversation, but I had a call with Tesla arranging (another) test drive and the guy wouldn't confirm Freemont or Shanghai, or heated steering wheel (but I know now Freemont has been doing this for a while). He confirmed the new door cards though which I don't think any of us are particularly thrilled about.

I tried to see if I could change out the uberturbine 20" wheels for Alloys, but was told that I could only do it after market at my expense. Previously there was an alternative choice. I think the 19" would be a better option and they look very racey!

I also asked for an indication as to when I would be likely to see my M3P as I ordered it mid January and I was told that they could see the order was being processed but couldn't give a date for delivery other than what I had previously been notified which is June! I should point out that I live in New Zealand.

When do you guys reckon we will receive our VIN?
I'll be like a kid getting my first chocolate out the advent calendar when it comes.
Likewise! From what I've read with previous delivery timescales I'm assuming mid-April time? Given approximately one month from leaving the factory to arriving at the docks. Happy to be corrected on this though and anything earlier would be a bonus :)

Reactions: Commaldo
Likewise! From what I've read with previous delivery timescales I'm assuming mid-April time? Given approximately one month from leaving the factory to arriving at the docks. Happy to be corrected on this though and anything earlier would be a bonus :)
Seems about right, assuming of course the form for MIC follows Fremont, i.e. the process of confirming VIN's to customers starts once said motors are on a boat IIRC. You will likely find more detail in Mr Miserable's shipping thread 2021 Shipping Movements

Reactions: Commaldo
Me too ;) The sad reality is the May estimate is highly unlikely to be pulled forward. Given that I, like most, am doing lockdown mileage, I thought I'd manage in my ICE and let my M3LR go while I waited.... Ha, how wrong can you be?! If only someone had advised me at the time to give my head a wobble, unfortunately the duty advisor was SWMBO, who is of course, utterly sensible, pragmatic and unaffected by the whims of men and motors :rolleyes:

Reactions: TomH0927
Me too ;) The sad reality is the May estimate is highly unlikely to be pulled forward. Given that I, like most, am doing lockdown mileage, I thought I'd manage in my ICE and let my M3LR go while I waited.... Ha, how wrong can you be?! If only someone had advised me at the time to give my head a wobble, unfortunately the duty advisor was SWMBO, who is of course, utterly sensible, pragmatic and unaffected by the whims of men and motors :rolleyes:
I'm doing 60 miles a day and would have loved the chance to have the car for a while before the roads got clogged up in rush hour again. Alas, 'tis not to be. - Unless 'Rona V2 comes out before then.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I've pretty much come to terms with a May delivery now. My current car goes back at the end of this month as its PCP is up (thought by ordering in December with a March estimate it would have worked out perfect but not to be), so we're going to making do with sharing the one car for a couple of months until I get that long awaited text from Tesla!

Reactions: 2021_M3P and Jez_GB
I've pretty much come to terms with a May delivery now. My current car goes back at the end of this month as its PCP is up (thought by ordering in December with a March estimate it would have worked out perfect but not to be), so we're going to making do with sharing the one car for a couple of months until I get that long awaited text from Tesla!

I am in exactly the same boat.. 5 series goes back 3rd week in April and I will be sharing the wife’s car until mid-May! Luckily I am WFH mostly at the moment, so hopefully not too painful!

Reactions: Jez_GB and TomH0927
I’m in a similar situation just sold my RS3 best car I’ve ever had now in my wife’s Q3, hope the Tesla doesn’t disappoint.
Did you have a test drive? I know the RS3 is more fun than the RS5 but the 3 Performance was quicker and more exciting than what i got from the Audi. And mileage will be better too no doubt 😂. Doesn't sound as good though strangely.

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
Did you have a test drive? I know the RS3 is more fun than the RS5 but the 3 Performance was quicker and more exciting than what i got from the Audi. And mileage will be better too no doubt 😂. Doesn't sound as good though strangely.
I know I must be mad but I didn’t have a test drive! I’m hoping when it comes I’ve forgot what the RS3 was like and I’m used to Q3 performance 😂. The sound is still the big thing to not have for me, I know it’s said but when it popped and banged it made me smile 😄. So did the test drive impress you?

Status
Not open for further replies.