Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the states but I’ve been experiencing something perhaps similar for a while now, attached to FSDb 11.4.x firmwares. This presents itself while using the legacy features with FSDb turned off. (You guys aren’t missing anything btw).

Does the screen highlight cars in adjacent lanes when you experience this phenomenon? See the attached photo.

I have a pet theory that some of the FSDb code has “infected” regular autopilot. It’s awful.

View attachment 979642
I might be mistaken but I believe in your case the camera is simply missing the double white divider and therefore might just believe you are in a 4 lane traffic, in that case it simply prevents you from overtaking from the right? (as you are in LHD US)

I have described this behaviour last week too, but I can't remember if prior to a these couple releases, it used to highlight only the car used as reference for TACC speed, of if now hilighting both the car on your left & the car far away in your own lane at the same time is indeed a new thing. (and WIP to say the least).

I might be mistaken but I believe in your case the camera is simply missing the double white divider and therefore might just believe you are in a 4 lane traffic, in that case it simply prevents you from overtaking from the right? (as you are in LHD US)

I have described this behaviour last week too, but I can't remember if prior to a these couple releases, it used to highlight only the car used as reference for TACC speed, of if now hilighting both the car on your left & the car far away in your own lane at the same time is indeed a new thing. (and WIP to say the least).
That’s just one example, I have MANY lol. My car regularly highlights vehicles in adjacent lanes and either slams on the brakes for them or leaves and enormous gap, refusing to pass.

Edit: In scenarios for which there is no need to do so.

IMG_5688.jpeg

I noticed one change. A car turned onto the two-way road I was travelling on. It was probably 4-5 hundred yards ahead and turned towards me.

The cameras saw the car pull out and rendered it all the way towards me. It didn’t render either the car in front or the one behind it!

When I first got the car in March 2020, all vehicles were rendered.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
That’s just one example, I have MANY lol. My car regularly highlights vehicles in adjacent lanes and either slams on the brakes for them or leaves and enormous gap, refusing to pass.

Edit: In scenarios for which there is no need to do so.

View attachment 979864
I've been having that issue with this current software, though quite unexpectedly this morning it also continued to 'undertake' a lorry whilst increasing speed too - it's never done that before for me.....

Reactions: browellm
I've been having that issue with this current software, though quite unexpectedly this morning it also continued to 'undertake' a lorry whilst increasing speed too - it's never done that before for me.....
And reviewing in car dashcam from Sentry events wasn't working, there's a white cross in a red box top right of the dashcam icon, I couldn't review the footage.

The USB has only used 10% of capacity so not sure of the issue there, so will reformat it later once I've saved the clips to my PC.

If you ever override the speed (via accelerator) when on TACC(+AP), it will ignore the 'do not undertake' until you next re-engage TACC. Likewise, it will do the same if you are not travelling fast enough (to allow you to undertake in a queue) which I think is 40 or 50mph - exact speed is in the manual. In addition, if a car comes up beside you to the right (UK), it needs to travel significantly ahead of you before it becomes the 'stalked' car (darker in day mode, whiter in night mode).

I've not driven .32 yet with TACC, but did watch closely what was happening with the driver that was using it, and didn't notice any changed behaviour over .26 and before. And that was even with a middle lane hog driving at various speeds below limit that was causing all sorts of issues.

Are you saying that behaviour has changed even with the caveats above when it doesn't obey the 'do not undertake'?

Reactions: WannabeOwner
If you ever override the speed (via accelerator) when on TACC(+AP), it will ignore the 'do not undertake' until you next re-engage TACC. Likewise, it will do the same if you are not travelling fast enough (to allow you to undertake in a queue) which I think is 40 or 50mph - exact speed is in the manual. In addition, if a car comes up beside you to the right (UK), it needs to travel significantly ahead of you before it becomes the 'stalked' car (darker in day mode, whiter in night mode).

I've not driven .32 yet with TACC, but did watch closely what was happening with the driver that was using it, and didn't notice any changed behaviour over .26 and before. And that was even with a middle lane hog driving at various speeds below limit that was causing all sorts of issues.

Are you saying that behaviour has changed even with the caveats above when it doesn't obey the 'do not undertake'?
I was doing manually 60 in nearside lane approaching a lorry in lane 1 (note nearside eventually becomes a filter lane however, at the time of passing standard road markings are there, not the small filter lane type) I decided to whack TACC on (at 70mph I have it set to +9% so 76mph) - it made good to the middle of the lane and sped up on it's own to 76 undertaking the lorry. All this may have happened in 'that zone' where the stalked car hasn't been recognised - I didn't notice at the time 🤔

Previously the car has hung back when an undertake is likely on TACC for me

Reactions: MrBadger
I noticed one change. A car turned onto the two-way road I was travelling on. It was probably 4-5 hundred yards ahead and turned towards me.

The cameras saw the car pull out and rendered it all the way towards me. It didn’t render either the car in front or the one behind it!

When I first got the car in March 2020, all vehicles were rendered.
…and going on from that. On the same road today, a bus passed me coming the other way, not rendered on screen. A few moments later, a lorry approached no closer to the white line than the bus but indicating a right turn. That was rendered !

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
And reviewing in car dashcam from Sentry events wasn't working, there's a white cross in a red box top right of the dashcam icon, I couldn't review the footage.

The USB has only used 10% of capacity so not sure of the issue there, so will reformat it later once I've saved the clips to my PC.
I've found that after a reset (2 finger or after software upgrade), I need to unplug and replug my SSD in the glovebox before the car will recognise it and start recording.

I’m in the states but I’ve been experiencing something perhaps similar for a while now, attached to FSDb 11.4.x firmwares. This presents itself while using the legacy features with FSDb turned off. (You guys aren’t missing anything btw).

Does the screen highlight cars in adjacent lanes when you experience this phenomenon? See the attached photo.

I have a pet theory that some of the FSDb code has “infected” regular autopilot. It’s awful.

View attachment 979642
I think you're spot on. If a nearside car changes to dark grey in the display, my car brakes. The intensity of the braking is determined by the distance from the car that the system thinks is a hazard.

If the hazard car changes from dark grey to lighter grey, then the car resumes speed back to set AP. Thing is, the dark grey cars aren't a hazard at all - they are bang in the middle of their own lanes a lot of the time. Occasionally they get close to the nearside lane lines, but not close to enough to warrant the freak out.

I think you're spot on. If a nearside car changes to dark grey in the display, my car brakes. The intensity of the braking is determined by the distance from the car that the system thinks is a hazard.

If the hazard car changes from dark grey to lighter grey, then the car resumes speed back to set AP. Thing is, the dark grey cars aren't a hazard at all - they are bang in the middle of their own lanes a lot of the time. Occasionally they get close to the nearside lane lines, but not close to enough to warrant the freak out.

The darker (day mode)/lighter (night mode) are not perceived as hazards. They are the vehicles that TACC is using to determine its max speed, eg following or about to undertake. You will see the ‘highlighted’ cars at any distance.

What should not be happening is these vehicles appearing on near (passenger) side. Ie they should not (based on previous behaviours) prevent you from overtaking them, but might prevent you undertaking them, or running up their arse.

What should not be happening is these vehicles appearing on near (passenger) side.
It’s caused by junctions and lazy programming. In the US slips are effectively a continuous lane, which means that Autopilot constantly assumes that the vehicle in it will want to pull across in front of you if they’re maintaining their position and the next junction is approaching.

You can tell this is how it thinks because of the way it insists on moving into lane 2 or 3 after joining a motorway.

Only happens on sections of motorway set up for all-lane-running.

Reactions: WllXM
First long drive on 2023.32.7 today up the A1. Two major problems.

1. The GPS location is about 30m out so every time there’s a minor road alongside the one you’re on it throws random turn off/on/u-turn instructions.

2. On cruise it has decided that 35mph is the correct speed to merge/leave a 70mph major road.

First long drive on 2023.32.7 today up the A1. Two major problems.

1. The GPS location is about 30m out so every time there’s a minor road alongside the one you’re on it throws random turn off/on/u-turn instructions.

2. On cruise it has decided that 35mph is the correct speed to merge/leave a 70mph major road.
well, #2 is what I am having. but you know, others will tell you some magic "Tesla fleet information" Bullsh!t.

it does not matter for them that car suddenly indicates that speed limit suddenly dropped from 70 to whatever national speed limit or less. it is all "fleet speed data" magic BS mate...

It is getting funnier and funnier, every fuuuuuuckin day