Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this! Tesla actioned it remotely.

For anyone else stumbling across this:

I raised a service request > other. Explained the problem and after some quick troubleshooting with the initial Tesla agentvia messages, they called me up to say it was passed onto engineers. All done within 48hrs.

After following these exact instructions my car has now been moved to the UK. Thanks again :) this has been annoying me for 4 months when unable to use uk content in TuneIn etc!

…and powering off from the main screen does not allow the car tho shut off either. I have to do the two button reset and only then will it power off. Reported to service.
Mea culpa and kudos to Tesla Virtual Service on this one.

Turns out, driving after the update, I had coincidentally buckled in the front passenger seat belt because the buckle happened to be flopping around a bit with no one in the seat. That caused the car to think the front passenger was still in the car when I exited, and hence was leaving the heating and main display on. Tesla service came back to me within a hour of reporting this and were able to see this remotely.

All resolved and nothing to do with the software update..

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has experienced similar on 32.6 but thought might see

My car is on 32.6 and since update I've not been able to wake it remotely to unlock, preheat, or view cameras etc. As soon as I get to the car and touch/open and manually wake all features on the app are accessible.

Only reason I ask about version is my wife is on 32.7 and has not got this issue. I've tried the two button reset. Only thing haven't tried yet is reinstalling the app.. but given it works for her car and not mine seems like its a car issue no?

Not sure if anyone has experienced similar on 32.6 but thought might see

My car is on 32.6 and since update I've not been able to wake it remotely to unlock, preheat, or view cameras etc. As soon as I get to the car and touch/open and manually wake all features on the app are accessible.

Only reason I ask about version is my wife is on 32.7 and has not got this issue. I've tried the two button reset. Only thing haven't tried yet is reinstalling the app.. but given it works for her car and not mine seems like its a car issue no?
Many people (including me) have been having wake problems on and off for a few months. I don't think it's version specific. FWIW it's currently working for me more often than not right now, although it's not perfect. I'm on 32.6 at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: Ozboz7
I drove 70 miles yesterday early afternoon very heavy (often very slow 2+ hr to do 1-1/2 hr predicted) traffic and very mixed weather. This was 3 motorways. Didn’t use autosteer at all but maybe 30% of journey on TACC.

Coming back in the dark, 1:20 straight through, 99% on TACC. Very light traffic 50% of the trip. Other half driving.

I thought car did an excellent job. No phantom braking (not that it’s been a big problem for me). Some subtle reluctance to pass a couple of cars but not what I would call braking - traffic in all lanes was doing similar speed so more a light lift off. I guess if we were trying to do 80 and passing a lane doing 50 if might have been different. A couple of times not convinced it was ‘reading the traffic ahead’ perhaps as well as it could resulting in a few braking harder for car in front slowing than I would have needed to.

Otherwise a very good TACC drive. I didn’t use autosteer/NoA on outward journey as traffic so heavy.

Only real criticism (other than too insensitive wipers) is that follow distance at night seems closer than in day time, uncomfortably close at times. But this seems to be a common trait since introduction of vision/loss of radar.

The other (in this case self inflicted) issue is that we have got so use to sat nav wanting to take us up inappropriate roads for sake of on paper saving 2 minutes that we ignore weird routing, especially when local so just starting drive and route plan hasn’t changed. But yesterday’s weird local route would have saved us 20 minute traffic queue. I should have realised when it didn’t want to take us up the normal short cut full of speed bumps but take us a different weird route - instead I ignored and did normal 2 sides round a triangle on normally fast roads straight into a long traffic jam on dual carriageway…

tl;dr usual hugely different experience than what some others experience. Both drives follow distance of 7.

[edit - I think someone has hacked my account

I drove 70 miles yesterday early afternoon very heavy (often very slow 2+ hr to do 1-1/2 hr predicted) traffic and very mixed weather. This was 3 motorways. Didn’t use autosteer at all but maybe 30% of journey on TACC.

Coming back in the dark, 1:20 straight through, 99% on TACC. Very light traffic 50% of the trip. Other half driving.

I thought car did an excellent job. No phantom braking (not that it’s been a big problem for me). Some subtle reluctance to pass a couple of cars but not what I would call braking - traffic in all lanes was doing similar speed so more a light lift off. I guess if we were trying to do 80 and passing a lane doing 50 if might have been different. A couple of times not convinced it was ‘reading the traffic ahead’ perhaps as well as it could resulting in a few braking harder for car in front slowing than I would have needed to.

Otherwise a very good TACC drive. I didn’t use autosteer/NoA on outward journey as traffic so heavy.

Only real criticism (other than too insensitive wipers) is that follow distance at night seems closer than in day time, uncomfortably close at times. But this seems to be a common trait since introduction of vision/loss of radar.

The other (in this case self inflicted) issue is that we have got so use to sat nav wanting to take us up inappropriate roads for sake of on paper saving 2 minutes that we ignore weird routing, especially when local so just starting drive and route plan hasn’t changed. But yesterday’s weird local route would have saved us 20 minute traffic queue. I should have realised when it didn’t want to take us up the normal short cut full of speed bumps but take us a different weird route - instead I ignored and did normal 2 sides round a triangle on normally fast roads straight into a long traffic jam on dual carriageway…

tl;dr usual hugely different experience than what some others experience. Both drives follow distance of 7.

[edit - I think someone has hacked my account
Do you have USS on yours or not?

Do you have USS on yours or not?

Yes. But don’t see them being used for any regular driving. When the car has been nervous to pass, most of the time it’s been obvious why and even visualised on screen - car drifting to our lane.

I did notice one occasion where dark ‘stalked’ car was on left lane which is similar to what some have reported. I didn’t see the exact build up but this particular car changed lanes into ours and it was certainly ’dark’ well before it had fully moved into our lane. I’m wondering if car now highlights cars in left lane that it thinks are moving into our lane and sometimes gets it wrong.

But it’s n more nuanced than car drifting towards outer lane marking as we passed one car last night that I suspect driver was tired (yawning their head off as we passed) and drifting within lane and not a sneeze out of our car. So car drifting towards outer lane is no definitive trigger. Would be interesting to see what happens when passing a Tesla that is passing a lorry when it moves right a bit to give lorry more room.

I'm on 32.9 and I've never known it this bad. I was using AP in lane 2 and as I passed a small car, centered in lane 1, All of a suden, I had the claxons of doom and the small car turned red on the screen! The car braked sharply before I got to the accelerator pedal and recovered the speed. I could see no reason why the car should of acted like that! Not a great experience.

Reactions: goRt
I'm on 32.9 and I've never known it this bad. I was using AP in lane 2 and as I passed a small car, centered in lane 1, All of a suden, I had the claxons of doom and the small car turned red on the screen! The car braked sharply before I got to the accelerator pedal and recovered the speed. I could see no reason why the car should of acted like that! Not a great experience.
I've stopped using AP and TACC now, even TACC has suddenly decided once I have join the motorway that the speed limit was 60 and slowed down, 5 seconds later it decided it was 70.

I agree that the 2023.32 branch had been very poor for autopilot and TACC.

Hopefully Tesla are tracking autopilot usage and disengagement stats and so will know there are issues in the UK.

The silver lining might be that these problems indicate an upgrade to the neural networks has made it to the UK firmware, after years of seemingly little change. (I don’t remember if that’s been confirmed or not?)

I keep wondering if some of the problems are caused by narrower lanes on UK motorways than USA freeways, but you’d think the NN would be pretty good at telling if a vehicle is in its lane, or not.