Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[uk specific] Software 2023.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm going to eat my own words about Tesla doing nothing about my issues. The tech just called me to discuss my experience with 2023.32.9, specifically with regard to the GPS accuracy. I had let them know that problem had not yet reoccurred. He cited two other customers who have raised the same issue and had found it to be resolved over the same, repeating journey with more significant time/miles than I've done on 2023.32.9.

I asked about the unexpected braking to 30/35/40 mph on link roads between major routes. The reason given was Google map data. There are sections of road where the speed limit is incorrect, including one section of the M25 which is well known to them. He told me that they have people out, driving these areas in order to correct the data from Google. He went on to explain that there will be some situations where this cannot be easily resolved, for example where a motorway passes over a B road and the software will always assume a lower speed limit.

I asked about the behavioural changes with 2023.32 and he acknowledged that there have been a few issues raised with TACC. The explanation was similar; that it will err on the side of caution and may not assess potential risk as well as an experienced driver. However annoying that might be, it is necessary to remain in control of the vehicle, for example by covering the accelerator pedal. I get this.

And finally but not related, they've made an appointment to install an o-ring on the trunk power strut.

I agree that the 2023.32 branch had been very poor for autopilot and TACC.

Hopefully Tesla are tracking autopilot usage and disengagement stats and so will know there are issues in the UK.

The silver lining might be that these problems indicate an upgrade to the neural networks has made it to the UK firmware, after years of seemingly little change. (I don’t remember if that’s been confirmed or not?)

I keep wondering if some of the problems are caused by narrower lanes on UK motorways than USA freeways, but you’d think the NN would be pretty good at telling if a vehicle is in its lane, or not.
If there was any update to code musky would have promised it 2 weeks ago

I can only agree that TACC/AP is so worse on the latest software branch. Trip to and from MK from Leeds yesterday I had to stop using TACC/AP as it was scaring the life out of my passengers. One of my passengers was looking to order a M3 as their next company car (moving from BMW), so was keen to see what my model 3 was like on the motorway. You wont be surprised to learn, they have now crossed a tesla off the wish list.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
As well as the TACC issues described above with 32.9 I feel my MYP has lost little of it's 'zing', also regen feels not as noticeable as it was in the winter last year (when much colder than it is atm). For reference my SoC is usually between 50-80%.

Anyone else noticing similar?

As well as the TACC issues described above with 32.9 I feel my MYP has lost little of it's 'zing', also regen feels not as noticeable as it was in the winter last year (when much colder than it is atm). For reference my SoC is usually between 50-80%.

Anyone else noticing similar?
TACC is useless on 32.9 it doesn't recognise vehicles moving slower in an outer lane (stupid lane hogs acting like a rolling road block) and let's you undertake. It is much more unpredictable when overtaking lorries and now cars (never used to be affected by cars). Worst I've known it since I first started driving an M3 in June 2020.
On a plus note, it allows you to check for updates more often - they must have realised that it's a rubbish release....

Not sure if this is specific to this SW version but I've just witnessed some really dangerous driving so pressed the icon to save the clip. Took out the SSD and the playback ends as I pressed save which is useless as it doesn't see the aftermath caused by his driving. Thinking it was a one off, checked all the not so bad clips I save recently and they all end as soon as you save the clip by either pressing the button or honking. Can anyone else verify this? I guess it could be the drive not fast enough but its the same drive I've always had and it's been good enough to convict before.

I tested this function yesterday by honking my horn as I past a road sogn. It recorded about 10 minutes leading up to the road sign!
If you need to record an event then wait a minute or two before pressing record button or honking the horn if you want to catch everything...
It's always been like that since it was introduced.

He went on to explain that there will be some situations where this cannot be easily resolved, for example where a motorway passes over a B road and the software will always assume a lower speed limit.

It was all going so well until that point.

Unless Tesla know different, but I would have thought that teleportation from one road to another was a use case that could be excluded when determining a cars trajectory.

I tested this function yesterday by honking my horn as I past a road sogn. It recorded about 10 minutes leading up to the road sign!
If you need to record an event then wait a minute or two before pressing record button or honking the horn if you want to catch everything...
  • Manual: You must manually touch the Dashcam icon to save a recording of the most recent ten minutes of footage.
  • On Honk: When you press the horn, Dashcam saves a recording of the most recent ten minutes of footage. You can enable this along with Auto or Manual.

Don’t bother raising a service request to let Tesla know of these braking problems in the new updates. They are just saying that Autopilot is always developing and changing and will have future updates. They have said we need to contact Tesla and not the service team.

I’ve done it this afternoon. They want exact times of the events. I don’t have that but have the travelling times off Teslafi so should narrow it down for them.
I did this yesterday after my return trip from High Wycombe to Aberdeenshire.
I mistakenly thought the bug reports I had made through the night trip would have been enough, but no, they wanted video as well. They could see on one event, I could only remember one, the steering maxed left and right permissable parameters whilst using TACC and auto braked before I could take control. This seems to match the "confusion" as to whether to take the exit or not that I was getting at about 20% of motorway and dual carriageway exits over 580 miles. Its not a new thing, but it's got worse with the .32 update.
So next trip, I'll be honking after each event plus bug reporting.

I don’t have EAP or FSD but spotted something last night with TACC I hadn’t seen before - it might be just a new situation for me and been around for years or is it a recent software update 🤷‍♂️?

I was ignoring the satnav directions as I wanted to go the long way (on motorway) to destination rather than A roads. I was on an A road and it was telling me to turn left as I was approaching each side road and whilst doing so was braking so I didn’t try and turn left at 40mph. It seemed more like NOA than I recall experiencing before.

As I was ignoring its route I kept having to accelerate each time to return to the TACC speed.