Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK specific] Software Update 2023.26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you not have to plug it in first to get it to initially pair to the car, like you have to do with a PS5? Subsequent connections should work wirelessly then. I might be wrong but I don’t think you can just connect it to anything wirelessly without connecting it wired initially, but I could be wrong.
I'm not sure what you'd plug it into.. no USB data ports any more. I'd expect it to work straight away.

But if it doesn't even work with a PS5 controller it's another half backed feature that they'll fix one day.

My worry is that they're depreciating - accidentally or otherwise - functionality that works because USS cars are already in the field and they don't need to care as much about them as they do selling cars minus USS to new owners.

As said above Summon has been broken for several updates now, at least since 2023.20.x.. it's still broken on 2023.26.7.

Reactions: Pandinium
My worry is that they're depreciating - accidentally or otherwise - functionality that works because USS cars are already in the field and they don't need to care as much about them as they do selling cars minus USS to new owners.

As said above Summon has been broken for several updates now, at least since 2023.20.x.. it's still broken on 2023.26.7.
I haven’t tried summon on 26.8 yet. Once it’s finished charging I’ll give it a go. Not holding my breath…

Reactions: Durzel
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Are you genuinely saying that they release software updates just to make things worse? Come on, be sensible.
I'm saying that Tesla's regression pack is missing major parts of functionality and Musky wants to give the impression of progress by regular releases without a detailed change log to verify against

We're running on a stack that entered development 7 years ago and is largely ignored pending "occupancy network", e2e NN or, as it was originally know, "tesla vision"

I'm saying that Tesla's regression pack is missing major parts of functionality and Musky wants to give the impression of progress by regular releases without a detailed change log to verify against

We're running on a stack that entered development 7 years ago and is largely ignored pending "occupancy network", e2e NN or, as it was originally know, "tesla vision"
I’m not arguing that there are parts of the firmware that are clearly outdated. However, complaining about updates because they don’t add flashy new features is a little churlish.

Single stack, Dojo, etc will solve everything and is perennially due to be released. Just more bullshit from Elon.

Sick of being strung along on this stuff tbh.

Are you sure the option doesn't appear if you drive in a different country?

Matrix features never promised, won't appear until musky can have them on his car
Honestly I don't know if the option popped up but it started to rain and I waited for the lights to come on and they didn't. I didn't check while in that country to see if there was a new option.
While doable, it seems odd to present an option based on the location of the vehicle and not to everyone anyway.
I think that's what some of us are struggling with.

You're right about the matrix lights though, it's far more important to be able to play some new game on the console rather than implement something actually useful. ;)

Reactions: goRt
they have to have software that adapts based on local regulations - eg light patterns for cars sold in France will be different to the UK,so there will always be local versions of the software.

Llights on with wipers is a US regulation I think and is mandatory (don't know how they managed without supporting it until now?) - so while it makes sense to perhaps offer it as an option here, its not required and they haven't bothered.