Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this fear as well haha. I’m going to do some before tests for sure.

I just went outside and ran the powertools. It shows 0-60 in 5sec, and max power is 277kw. so it's definitely not uncorked. I will call my service center in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_6699.PNG
    IMG_6699.PNG
    844.7 KB · Views: 71
Good to hear some progress. Which service center are you using? I feel my SC is incompetent. There's also report from caltechkid who has a 60D may be eligible for uncorking without upgrading to a 75D. We will find out tomorrow.
I didn’t see caltechkid discussing that. Last I read is that he was told he’d be ineligible even if upgraded. Good to know that’s not the case.

Pretty sure it's tied to wringing the last bit of money out of SW locked 60 buyers. And I get that, just not the cloak and dagger. Simply offer the 75 upgrade, now with increased performance wording. And if a gdamn fuse has to be changed out, DO IT. Quit acting like it's akin to rebuilding an ICE.
my guess as well by how they are handling it.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it sounds like all 60Ds are being told no, no matter what. I will be curious to see how long it takes after recent users decide to upgrade to 75D before they are told yes you are eligible (assuming they are). I've been debating the past 24 hours on upgrading to hopefully/magically being put into a queue and being told yes in the near future, but I would hate to take the $2k gamble before the Chicago winter when I probably won't be able to use the extra boost at all anyway...

Reactions: Gur814
well there was one person on the spreadsheet with a recent 60> 75 updated car(like he did it on the 22nd of this month and was told the 23rd or 24th that he is still not eligible for uncorking.....very odd and a total bummer i expect.
Why cant tesla just tell you either yes or no you can get the performance update if you unlock the battery of your car??? Why would you have to spend the 2k 1st and then wait for them to tell you??? If its all based on a vin number then its either yes or no regardless of unlocking your battery...the vin stays the same after right?

Reactions: Windy City S
well there was one person on the spreadsheet with a recent 60> 75 updated car(like he did it on the 22nd of this month and was told the 23rd or 24th that he is still not eligible for uncorking.....very odd and a total bummer i expect.
Why cant tesla just tell you either yes or no you can get the performance update if you unlock the battery of your car??? Why would you have to spend the 2k 1st and then wait for them to tell you??? If its all based on a vin number then its either yes or no regardless of unlocking your battery...the vin stays the same after right?

Yes, I am 100% aligned with you and could not agree more. It is obviously a financial move to get as many 60s turned up despite uncorking eligibility. Therefore, getting something in writing will be absolutely impossible! It's a crapshoot, but at the end of the day, you're still getting something out of the $2k investment.

Can you imagine me calling Tesla and asking for a written document offering me a refund for my upgrade if I am not eligible? I am sure that conversation would get a quick FU from any SC. If you have any experience with this or are willing to do so I am happy to compensate you for your successful outcome as the speed matters more to me than the range, to be honest...

I’m in the UK VIN171XXX built Dec 16.

Upgraded from 60D to 75D on 17th April 17.

I have been told not eligible twice from different SC’s and via the My Tesla support message function.

Needless to say have asked for a detailed explanation and remedy.

So far no one in the UK that I’m aware of has had a yes to the upgrade. Whether that is rollout who knows, but I’d be cautious about spending the extra $ without a guarantee.

That said, there might well be some logic in a 60 battery not being able to deliver the power output required.

It’s a shambles.

Yes, I am 100% aligned with you and could not agree more. It is obviously a financial move to get as many 60s turned up despite uncorking eligibility. Therefore, getting something in writing will be absolutely impossible! It's a crapshoot, but at the end of the day, you're still getting something out of the $2k investment.

Can you imagine me calling Tesla and asking for a written document offering me a refund for my upgrade if I am not eligible? I am sure that conversation would get a quick FU from any SC. If you have any experience with this or are willing to do so I am happy to compensate you for your successful outcome as the speed matters more to me than the range, to be honest...
well if they can unlock the battery they can also re lock it...like they did in that hurricaine recently.So if the unlock the battery and its not elligible for the performance upgrade then they can relock it and just refund you......lol....of course they wouldnt.

Crap shoot it is i guess....from such a high tech company this is truely bullocks.!

Reactions: Windy City S
@number12 has it right. The Model X upgrade is still $4500 which makes no sense to me. I’ve sent an ‘escalation’ on this topic asking why and their response was kind of like “just ‘cause”

I encourage all 60D Model x owners to email an escalation to support citing that the price difference between MS and MX upgrade prices is ridiculous. Tesla should barrow that range.

Reactions: Gur814
Not really supporting Tesla, but MX's higher upgrade pricing has more to do with value based pricing than cost based pricing. Family-hauling vehicles (X more so than S I think most would agree) have more reasons to drive further away and xtra range would be useful. Given that MX 60D also had even lower margins than MS60D to start with, there is more need for Tesla to recover through these upgrades, and range upgrade is likely the more useful than many other options.

Reactions: croman
I didn’t see caltechkid discussing that. Last I read is that he was told he’d be ineligible even if upgraded. Good to know that’s not the case.

Received a phone call right after I left the SC this am that I would definitely have to upgrade to make it happen, and that I am eligible based on the fuse, etc. Read the bulletin in detail myself - pretty clear that you have currently exist as a 75D (not a 60, 60D, or 75) to be eligible, no explicit VIN range or production date specified. I weren't ahead and upgraded since they will also be doing a power test to verify increased performance.

Last edited: