Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any model X 60d who upgraded have this magical new speed yet?

@number12 yes. I have seen a number of 60D owners who upgraded before this was announced who DID get the upgrade including Model X. Have not seen anyone say that they upgraded and were NOT eligible. However, there are not many of us around so it could be possible it has happened and we are simply unaware.

Also you should check out this thread: Anyone Uncork a 60D (limited 75)?

alot of chinese companies just use whatever part id=s laying around.there is alot of QC issues with chinese electronics. So this whole fuse thing kind of reminds me of that when one car gets a diff item then another so simple as the fuse and it can cripple this update we are talking about.

alot of chinese companies just use whatever part id=s laying around.there is alot of QC issues with chinese electronics. So this whole fuse thing kind of reminds me of that when one car gets a diff item then another so simple as the fuse and it can cripple this update we are talking about.
I’m sure I’ve purchased many products from Chinese companies, but I can’t remember any of those companies significantly upgrading a product for free so that it performs even better than it did when I agreed to purchase it a year earlier. Actually, I can’t think of any company other than Tesla that would so significantly improve the performance of a product at no additional cost. :)

Reactions: caltechkid
Not to beat a dead horse, but it sounds like all 60Ds are being told no, no matter what. I will be curious to see how long it takes after recent users decide to upgrade to 75D before they are told yes you are eligible (assuming they are). I've been debating the past 24 hours on upgrading to hopefully/magically being put into a queue and being told yes in the near future, but I would hate to take the $2k gamble before the Chicago winter when I probably won't be able to use the extra boost at all anyway...

I was told in writing that I'd be eligible for uncorking after upgrading my battery. I was going to do it anyhow for the extra range this winter. I'm in the process of scheduling a service date.

• Informative
Reactions: Windy City S

This happens with other car companies as well. They'll switch suppliers or undertake cost reduction activities that may change a part slightly in the middle of a model year. They might do it again in another year if the supplier or part wasn't working out.

Maybe this is why there is no charge -- some cars would have required hardware changes, so the charge would have to cover those, as well as the cost of the upgrade. It got to be a mess, so they decided to just make it free (there isn't much labor involved in hooking the car up to a computer and re-flashing the change) and not even offer it to the people with the wrong hardware.

When the dust settles, they will probably come up with a solution for the other 75Ds with the hardware issue. I don't know if it will be free.
Hopefully they offer a solution for the S75 RWD as well (even if it's not free).

it’s not only UK.
almost no uncorking at all until now in the whole EU.

nobody seems to know why

Hi,

My first post :)

I have a TMS 75D with VIN 180XXXX. Was told by my local SC in Oslo, Norway, that my car was eligible for "uncorking".

Already had a service appointment for tomorrow, Friday 27 October, so they added the upgrade procedure to the service order. Will report back tomorrow how this works out.

Reactions: DJP31
Humbug. So I've been copacetic with the mind numbing evolution of technology and all, but I intentionally bought a 90D for the bit of extra pick up and the nominal range advantage over, at the time, the 75D. Now, last year's 75D is essentially a 90D less a few miles of range. . .

Yo, Tesla, how about you uncork the 90Ds- the red headed step child of the fleet. . . Come on, show some love!!!! I paid an extra 20K!

How about a little somethin', you know, for the effort?
Gunga Lagunga.
Instead of that, on your death bed, you will achieve perfect consciousness.

I’m in the UK VIN171XXX built Dec 16.

Upgraded from 60D to 75D on 17th April 17.

I have been told not eligible twice from different SC’s and via the My Tesla support message function.

Needless to say have asked for a detailed explanation and remedy.

So far no one in the UK that I’m aware of has had a yes to the upgrade. Whether that is rollout who knows, but I’d be cautious about spending the extra $ without a guarantee.

That said, there might well be some logic in a 60 battery not being able to deliver the power output required.

It’s a shambles.
That’s all horse you-know-what.
Your local service centres just don’t know what they’re doing. People with practically the same VIN and build date as you are eligible.

Your local service centres just don’t know what they’re doing. People with practically the same VIN and build date as you are eligible.

Well I hope you are right but so far:

1. Phone call to X service centre pointing out WARP service system - Not eligible
2. Email to Y service centre mentioned WARP - Not eligible
3. Support query via My Tesla, mentioned WARP- Not eligible

I've responded to 2 & 3 requesting details as to why I'm ineligible when, as you rightly point out, others have been uncorked. Deafening silence so far.

The only consistency so far is that here in the UK nobody has a yes yet, AFAIK.

Well I hope you are right but so far:

1. Phone call to X service centre pointing out WARP service system - Not eligible
2. Email to Y service centre mentioned WARP - Not eligible
3. Support query via My Tesla, mentioned WARP- Not eligible

I've responded to 2 & 3 requesting details as to why I'm ineligible when, as you rightly point out, others have been uncorked. Deafening silence so far.
The only consistency so far is that here in the UK nobody has a yes yet, AFAIK.
I suspect it's not a question of incompetence. It seems like the eligibility list is pushed out from corporate and based on threads it just looks like they are deliberately adding cars a few at a time to keep service centers from being mobbed. If that's the case, it wouldn't be your local service center's fault if you aren't on their list yet. I'm in Denver and when I called they said that there was only one car eligible in the whole state. That appears to have changed since last week, as someone just posted on Reddit that they are in the Denver area who said they were originally told they were not eligible but this week called again and are being told that they are, so it looks like the list is growing. I'd be patient, as cars that are significantly older than 171xxx vins are getting in.

I had my Model x delivered dec 2016 uncorked. It’s amazingly fast and seems similar to ludicrous Model I drove previously. One word of caution don’t have them apply update until you are in location where you can wait for install to finish. They applied at my work and car didn’t have power to drive home and so I had to have it towed.