Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I can, almost presses you back in the seat and this is only 80% soc

View attachment 255248

Love this news. I know it goes without saying, but can you imagine another car company pulling this off?

"Hi Mr. Smith, this is Jerry calling from Lexus of Orange County", we'd like to inform you that we will be adding 100 horsepower to your car and also modify the car so you can sleep in the back of your car while camping."

Love this news. I know it goes without saying, but can you imagine another car company pulling this off?

"Hi Mr. Smith, this is Jerry calling from Lexus of Orange County", we'd like to inform you that we will be adding 100 horsepower to your car and also modify the car so you can sleep in the back of your car while camping."

In your example, the Lexus would just kill the owners even faster. Luckily Tesla only sells EVs.

Looks like only for D models. If RWD models are excluded or not offered a paid upgrade that'd be a bummer.
I’m gonna be so mad/sad if my April 2017 S75 (non-D) doesn’t get it too!
I would have spent the extra $5k if I knew the D would get the performance upgrade over the RWD. I have a service appointment scheduled for Tuesday, so I'll ask about it then.

75D face lift. 145 VIN. Letter received a few days ago that it was not available to me "at this time" due to hardware. Keeping my fingers firmly crossed and would most definitely appreciate anyone getting the update notification to post details. Hoping I'm not moping around saying "say it ain't so Joe"

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Has it been clarified as to whether or not this applies to 75s from before the July 2017 DU upgrade?

I've got a 60D from 2016 that i'd be more inclined to unlock to a 75D if it meant more than just the extra few miles of range....

Shhh maybe 60D is included without having to upgrade, but I would also spend the $ if included a 1+ second 0-60 upgrade.

Shhh maybe 60D is included without having to upgrade, but I would also spend the $ if included a 1+ second 0-60 upgrade.
I am bringing my car in for them to replace the FWD once the door gets here. This is the 5th repair on the same issue I've been having. I have direct line to the SC manager so I'll ask him about the 60D uncork. If he says only 75D then I'll ask if I can unlock the 75kWh upgrade to get it. Hopefully either yes on 60D or yes on unlocked 75 and not a straight "No you need AP2!".

I, too, hope this goes for M60D's too... They are technically, in essence, a 75D ofcourse so I don't see why not but I understand commercially they would possibly require people to upgrade to 75D first... Mine was delivered in March 2017 though, manufactured somewhere in january I thin (VIN 1885xx), so not sure if it qualifies anyway....

A general uncorking is highly unlikely I'd say.

I talked to our local SC manager yesterday. He said that it has to do with a specific part (battery connector?) that has previously been sourced from another supplier and is now being manufactured in the Gigafactory. Although it's technically possible to uncork any of the previous cars, they will not do it because they do not want to take any chances due to that sourced part. That must also be the reason for the one guy being notified that they are going to void his battery warranty if he keeps uncorking his Tesla himself.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrivingRockies