Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my service center. She was very helpful.. I explained I have a 198xxx VIN.. and she said I do NOT qualify. She said in the entire state of California only 4 cars are currently flagged for the update.

She said there's even SIGNATURE models that are even eligible which blew me away.

Anyway I can only assume the list she had is old, as she knew exactly what I was talking about and pulled up a list. I mentioned the email posted a few days ago on here, the article by Electrik and this thread saying is very recent as of the last few days. She hasn't had any updates recently.. so maybe it's being rolled out slowly to different service centers.

I want it so baaddd

It's possible they're acting on old information. I'd check back with them again next week.
they told me i was not eligible at first too. If they reference the "bulletin" then only cars after July 2017 will be eligible. The tech at my SC used his computer to query some database (these are instructions Tesla provided to them) and then with that search he was able to verify that my 170xxx was eligible.

Hey,

Just got off the phone with my sc here in DC, they confirmed my 75d was eligible. First available appointment was the 30th when I called. He did do a full Vin check in the system to confirm, but I've also been told that the vin series order is not wholly sequential or indicative as to whether or not a vehicle had the upgraded performance from July. They did some trickery to account for shipping time internationally, so really the best way is just to call up.

Mine was manufactured in May, but if the phrasing is really "most" then it is likely that the manufacture date alone is not relevant. Sc was not able to describe the exact work, but noted it takes 2-3 hours in the shop.

The cake is not a lie!

Edit: fixed autocorrect

I spoke to my local SC. They came right back, said I was eligible and advised it could take 2 hours. If i had availability it could be done this week, but I need to wait until next Saturday.
My VIN seems to be one of the earliest so far, 150XXX

Awesome news! Mine is a 155k car. Can't wait for more information to become available to my SC.

Reactions: Tazman
Called my service center. She was very helpful.. I explained I have a 198xxx VIN.. and she said I do NOT qualify. She said in the entire state of California only 4 cars are currently flagged for the update.

She said there's even SIGNATURE models that are even eligible which blew me away.
This gives me hope, then. Cali is obviously a big Tesla state and if there are only 4 cars -currently- eligible, then that would seem to directly contradict the email from Tesla claiming that this will be available for most 75D owners. That could suggest that it's not a question of your car and my car not being capable, but just not being on the list -yet-.

This gives me hope, then. Cali is obviously a big Tesla state and if there are only 4 cars -currently- eligible, then that would seem to directly contradict the email from Tesla claiming that this will be available for most 75D owners. That could suggest that it's not a question of your car and my car not being capable, but just not being on the list -yet-.
Or more likely using the wrong list...

Just made my appointment for update (gonna be a week, but have nothing else with urgency so moving it out is fine).

If there are only 4, then the list just dropped to 3 since they're about to update mine. 155xxx Vin.

There's no way in hell only 4 Teslas qualify in CA. That's a statistically insignificant figure, considering the number of Teslas in the state.

If there are only 4, then the list just dropped to 3 since they're about to update mine. 155xxx Vin.

There's no way in hell only 4 Teslas qualify in CA. That's a statistically insignificant figure, considering the number of Teslas in the state.
I'm going in on Monday for a confirmed 145 Facelift 75D. Hopefully the CA service center knows what they are doing... Confirmed in VA at (703) 749-1203

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
Or more likely using the wrong list...

Just made my appointment for update (gonna be a week, but have nothing else with urgency so moving it out is fine).
Well, the update is free, it's an update that probably pretty much every 75D owner will want, and it takes two hours in the service center. The idea that they might be doing this as a phased rollout so the service centers don't get slammed doesn't seem that crazy to me. Honestly, though, I'm indifferent to the reason so long as my car eventually gets the upgrade.

Got email (long) but bottom line is:

"Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers."

For those who want it, "...our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit."

Wow...

The words "the majority" scare me. My 75D is 138XXX built in April '16. That's about as early as a 75D can get. I'm going to get my tires rotated and my loose door panel fixed next month so I'll investigate illegibility then. It would suck to be in the minority.

I took my car in yesterday for 12500 service a little early and inspect my front left wheel well liner after a deer strike. They had to replace the left condensor unit, had a few other odds and ends that I had them look at as well as firmware update. When I picked up the car they had firmware 40.1 queued but not installed yet. I asked them about the uncorking and they contacted another employee about it and said my VIN hadn't been approved yet, not denied, just not approved. My car is a 75D, delivered March 24th 2017, VIN 187xxx. I'll check in again in a while and see if they have further details. My brother-in-law got his not too long ago so I'm sure he's uncorked, can't have a slower car than him! :p