Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll keep the log post for Krash on the other thread, so one down, two to go:
confirmed initially with my butt-accelerometer, but now quantitatively tested.

Before:
View attachment 255755

And after:
View attachment 255756

Confirmed one full second reduction. Now my wife's S has always been faster, her 0-60 is 5.0 (again, she does care...) and it's always been a little bit more fun to drive, just accelerates harder a bit, so it will be interesting to see what I get with hers uncorked tomorrow.
What did you use to measure the performance of your car?

They're improving the car all of the time as far as i see. I took ownership of mine in Early May and they are constantly adding new features and improving autopilot. I vote for tesla trying to improve all cars all of the time. Some may get luckier than others, but this is a really cool thing to do IMO. Like i said, if my car isn't uncorkable, i'll be bummed for a minute, but it'll be pretty awesome for those who are upgradable. I'll be a little envious, but it is what it is.

edit...just called (Denver fwiw). the service girl said they've been getting a ton of calls starting this last weekend and she just got her "list" this morning. i'm happy to say that i'm one of the lucky ones. i'm pretty stoked. she said i would have to wait until my next service appointment. i can't imagine waiting until my one year appointment which is a little more than 6 months away. So, what's my excuse for a service appointment? :)

VIN 195xxx (upgraded from 60D btw. ordered in early april 2017. delivered in early may)

I don’t think you need an excuse other than wanting the performance upgrade. I scheduled mine today for next week. I don’t need anything else done.

Finally got ahold of a SC and they told me my car was not eligible but could explain nothing more. My car is currently a 60D and I am willing to upgrade on the drop of a dime, but don't want to if they cannot guarantee I am eligible if I do so. Can any current 60D owners who had validation without upgrading please share which SC they might have called? My build is Nov 16.

Mine is eligible. Built Q3 2016 (December I think) with HW2. Bought in March 2017 as 60D later upgraded to 75D.

Reactions: Windy City S
Pretty sure it's tied to wringing the last bit of money out of SW locked 60 buyers. And I get that, just not the cloak and dagger. Simply offer the 75 upgrade, now with increased performance wording. And if a gdamn fuse has to be changed out, DO IT. Quit acting like it's akin to rebuilding an ICE.
agree with this. Tell us why the 60d cannot be uncorked??? And some guys will do the 2k or 4.5k(x) upgrade to unlock but cannot be told if AFTER THAT unlocking they would be eligible for performance upgrade????? lame

Me, 60D, 195XXX, no. Haven't heard of any 60D uncorked.

Tesla, if you're reading this, please provide a list of existing 60D VINs that are eligible for performace uncorking if the owner upgrades to a 75D.

Yes, this the email quote from my service advisor after providing him my VIN:

"If you upgraded the battery to a 75D you would also be eligible for the update to increase performance."
147XXX built in July 2016

Yes, this the email quote from my service advisor after providing him my VIN:

"If you upgraded the battery to a 75D you would also be eligible for the update to increase performance."
147XXX built in July 2016

Good to hear some progress. Which service center are you using? I feel my SC is incompetent. There's also report from caltechkid who has a 60D may be eligible for uncorking without upgrading to a 75D. We will find out tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Mickie and Dan60D