Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How's that possible?

There's obviously room for error w/ powertools because of how it collects the data but my 0-60 runs are either 4.5 or 4.8 in my 90D. 75D's are 4.2. When I spoke with Tesla support I was told my car was currently corked, that they had notes on uncorking 75's and 100's but not 90's. He said he would have to get with engineering to determine if they could uncork my 90 (it's new, they darn well better be able to!) but I have yet to receive an email or call and that was about 7-10 days ago.
It sounds like I'll get a better response from my local service center. So far Tesla support has been less than impressive. I've sent emails through the support site that have never been answered for eg.

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
There's obviously room for error w/ powertools because of how it collects the data but my 0-60 runs are either 4.5 or 4.8 in my 90D. 75D's are 4.2. When I spoke with Tesla support I was told my car was currently corked, that they had notes on uncorking 75's and 100's but not 90's. He said he would have to get with engineering to determine if they could uncork my 90 (it's new, they darn well better be able to!) but I have yet to receive an email or call and that was about 7-10 days ago.
It sounds like I'll get a better response from my local service center. So far Tesla support has been less than impressive. I've sent emails through the support site that have never been answered for eg.

Your 90D should be 4.2. Where did you get 4.5 from? If using a phone app, those aren't super accurate.

Your 90D should be 4.2. Where did you get 4.5 from? If using a phone app, those aren't super accurate.

Correct, I'm using the iPhone Powertools app. However, I was told by car was 'corked' by tesla support. Not sure what it should be if uncorked. 4? Is that the old 'P' 90D speed?
If I'm getting at least the same as a new 75D, 4.2, then I'm probably fine with that (but would obviously like a bit more considering that more power is available)

Correct, I'm using the iPhone Powertools app. However, I was told by car was 'corked' by tesla support. Not sure what it should be if uncorked. 4? Is that the old 'P' 90D speed?
If I'm getting at least the same as a new 75D, 4.2, then I'm probably fine with that (but would obviously like a bit more considering that more power is available)

He's saying it's corked because there's no "uncorking" available. Batteries are corked by default.

You should be getting 4.2s, and new 75D's should be around that. You can check out Krash's thread where he logs and compares different models. The 90D consistently outperforms the uncorked and new 75D's.

I checked with my local service center and no uncorking for the 90D.

That’s what they said about the 75D pre July built and now look what happened. So I’d take it with a grain of salt.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the 90/100’s could go in the 3 second range. Especially with the new drive unit. We saw that new inventory of a 100D with low 3 second time floating around before it disappeared.

I think it’s time to start a 90/100 uncork thread :p

More clarification from Corporate. I don't get the impression that any of the service centers outside of North America have been briefed yet.

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 (clarified Tuesday, October 24, 2017)​
  • This software update is only applicable to 75D (dual motor). The powertrain in RWD 75 Model S before June 19, 2017 was not designed to support the torque and current draw required to deliver the enhanced performance.
  • This update is focused exclusively on 75D. 60D and 70D customers need to pay for the range upgrade to 75D to even be eligible for uncorking as the enhanced performance update.
  • This was a global change, so Service teams in UK and Canada will have access to the same eligible VIN list. We are still rolling out the communication but I expect all teams to be caught up soon.
  • This update is best managed through a hardwired connection in Service…encourage those that want it to follow our recommended process.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe I missed this through four pages of threads but I’m curious. I just took delivery of an S75D in September. 0 to 60 is low 4’s. I think it was advertised as 4.3. Is this the best it gets? Am I at the best place I could be? Like everyone else says, I’ll take whatever extra speed they can give. I was close to pulling the trigger on the P100D but couldn’t stomach the extra cost for the few times I would use Ludacris mode.

Ok, maybe I missed this through four pages of threads but I’m curious. I just took delivery of an S75D in September. 0 to 60 is low 4’s. I think it was advertised as 4.3. Is this the best it gets? Am I at the best place I could be? Like everyone else says, I’ll take whatever extra speed they can give. I was close to pulling the trigger on the P100D but couldn’t stomach the extra cost for the few times I would use Ludacris mode.
Spec is 4.2s, if you're getting 4.3 you've got the new performance (old used to be 5.2s). Loose some things from the trunk or frunk, or put a lighter driver behind the wheel and you'll reach the specified 4.2s. And yes, one gets used to the performance real quick and always wishes for more. Whatever you do, don't go test driving a P100D, unless for the rest of the day, or at least the first few hours, you want to feel like your 75D has lead in the trunk. ;)

Spec is 4.2s, if you're getting 4.3 you've got the new performance (old used to be 5.2s). Loose some things from the trunk or frunk, or put a lighter driver behind the wheel and you'll reach the specified 4.2s. And yes, one gets used to the performance real quick and always wishes for more. Whatever you do, don't go test driving a P100D, unless for the rest of the day, or at least the first few hours, you want to feel like your 75D has lead in the trunk. ;)

Yes, you do get use to the performance. I traveled this week and drove an ICE rental car. Felt like I would never be able to merge into traffic with such low power. Got home into the S and realized low 4's aren't too bad. But I am still wondering if the motors, batteries, fuses are capable of more and if Tesla will provide an update one day that provides lower times. It seems they like to do this type of thing.

• Funny
Reactions: croman
Yes, you do get use to the performance. I traveled this week and drove an ICE rental car. Felt like I would never be able to merge into traffic with such low power. Got home into the S and realized low 4's aren't too bad. But I am still wondering if the motors, batteries, fuses are capable of more and if Tesla will provide an update one day that provides lower times. It seems they like to do this type of thing.

The odds of them doing this was nearly zero, don’t get your hopes up for more :)

You'll have to check your VIN with the service center or wait until someone else tries. We don't have enough data to tell the 100s and 90s apart. Or the 4.1 from 4.2 second 100s. But they were still making 90s recently so it could happen. Send us a runlog if you want to help.
I developed a streamer. Maybe i can send you a runlog from my own code instead of the power tools.