Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reviving this thread since I can't seem to find a definite/as definite as it can be answer. Apologies in advance if it's buried in this thread somewhere :)

Is there a VIN range or build date that make a 75 uncorkable?
Are both 75s and 75Ds uncorkable or just Ds?

Anything else I should know/ask when looking at an "older" 75 when it comes to uncorking?

Thanks
All 75D are uncorkable, for 75 you should have DI version 22 and higher, it would be late 2016

Reviving this thread since I can't seem to find a definite/as definite as it can be answer. Apologies in advance if it's buried in this thread somewhere :)

Is there a VIN range or build date that make a 75 uncorkable?
Are both 75s and 75Ds uncorkable or just Ds?

Anything else I should know/ask when looking at an "older" 75 when it comes to uncorking?

Thanks
Only the 75D not the 75.
Not sure if VINs but mine was 1517XX and was uncorkable. So much faster!

Mine is a 2017 (July build) S75D. Two SCs *swear* that it has been uncorked. But it is not. I've had 2018 75D loaners that are OBVIOUSLY faster.
I wish there was a way to make them listen, test it, whatever.
Any hints to perhaps get uncorking my car revisited?

Mine is a 2017 (July build) S75D. Two SCs *swear* that it has been uncorked. But it is not. I've had 2018 75D loaners that are OBVIOUSLY faster.
I wish there was a way to make them listen, test it, whatever.
Any hints to perhaps get uncorking my car revisited?

My car was "uncorked" twice before they finally did it. Both initial times were "successful", but my car didn't feel any faster. I managed to convince them when I mentioned the perf_config value in the API. They said there was some sort of software issue that made the car not persist the config change.

My car was "uncorked" twice before they finally did it. Both initial times were "successful", but my car didn't feel any faster. I managed to convince them when I mentioned the perf_config value in the API. They said there was some sort of software issue that made the car not persist the config change.

In order to uncork a car, SC needs to change two options in vehicle config and reflash firmware. They could change only one and it says 'Uncorked' in config (performanceAddOn set to 3) but they also need to update other config option (performance) from 3 to 1. Just ask your SC to double check

• Informative
Reactions: kodek
I would be asking them to 'triple' check. They seem a little annoyed that I continue to persist about this. They also wont share a print/pic of the config values - so that I can point to them... Frustrating, but I'm a little uncomfortable pushing the issue.. I need a good SC to work with :)
Yes, I used Dashboard for Tesla. And no, it didn't pass.
I've been in a MS that was apparently uncorked, and it was pretty obvious to me that it was faster than my car.
I've been given a 2018 loaner S75D and it was also obvious. When I pressed the service writer to - Let's take my car and the loaner out somewhere and do a side-by-side comparison, he declined. He also said that the 2018 has newer motors and would naturally be faster than the earlier version :(

I guess I'll just ask a third time when I go in next. Maybe take some screenshots of what I read here with me..
I know there are pair(s) of eyes reading this that are thinking "I could do it for him, but I don't dare..."
I'm not sure that I'm beyond considering it ;)

I would be asking them to 'triple' check. They seem a little annoyed that I continue to persist about this. They also wont share a print/pic of the config values - so that I can point to them... Frustrating, but I'm a little uncomfortable pushing the issue.. I need a good SC to work with :)
Yes, I used Dashboard for Tesla. And no, it didn't pass.
I've been in a MS that was apparently uncorked, and it was pretty obvious to me that it was faster than my car.
I've been given a 2018 loaner S75D and it was also obvious. When I pressed the service writer to - Let's take my car and the loaner out somewhere and do a side-by-side comparison, he declined. He also said that the 2018 has newer motors and would naturally be faster than the earlier version :(

I guess I'll just ask a third time when I go in next. Maybe take some screenshots of what I read here with me..
I know there are pair(s) of eyes reading this that are thinking "I could do it for him, but I don't dare..."
I'm not sure that I'm beyond considering it ;)

Escalate to a manager. They weren't even willing to do a test drive with you?! That seems ridiculous.

Is Tesla currently selling an uncorked S75 RWD? If so you may have a case.
They discontinued the S75 RWD late September 2017, but those sold from July 2017 to September 2017 had improved performance compared with those sold prior to July 2017 (4.3 sec 0-60 as opposed to 5.5 sec 0-60). They offered a retroactive performance uncork for the 75D models, but never explained why the S75 RWD was ineligible for the performance uncork.

They discontinued the S75 RWD late September 2017, but those sold from July 2017 to September 2017 had improved performance compared with those sold prior to July 2017 (4.3 sec 0-60 as opposed to 5.5 sec 0-60). They offered a retroactive performance uncork for the 75D models, but never explained why the S75 RWD was ineligible for the performance uncork.

You need a motor in the fronk to uncork. The “uncorking” changes how the dual motors share power when accelerating

Last edited:
You need a motor in the fronk to uncork. The “uncorking” changes how the dual motors share power when accelerating
Uncorking is the term for the increase in "uncorked" battery power. But it came with an incidental increase in the max torque setting, which is the thing that gets noticed and makes up the difference in 0-60 time. Older dual motors had enough headroom to increase torque across both motors. And newer RWDs with DU01 motors had enough headroom for more torque by themselves.

Last edited: