Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming update 2023.26 just saved me some money, time, and effort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my M3 a month ago and really wanted my game controllers to work in the center console like my 2021 MY. I was about to buy the module from Tesla and install it, which didnt seem overly difficult, but looked like it would have given me a lot of opportunities to break tabs on panels. The other route is to buy some 3rd party stuff and put it in the glove box which I really dont want to do, I like keeping things to a minimum where possible

I learned Bluetooth game controllers will be natively supported in update 2023.26

(and WHAT? Bonus: Headlights to come on with wipers)

Not every update gets me excited, but I am looking forward to this one.

I wish I had solar.... hopefully soon! I'm envious of you photosynthesizers

Unless your car is at home all day plugged in, or you have very decent home battery storage... most of the power generated will spill back to the Grid for pennies.

However, if you have decent home battery storage and / or an Ev parked at home during the day... it's brilliant

Unless your car is at home all day plugged in, or you have very decent home battery storage... most of the power generated will spill back to the Grid for pennies.

However, if you have decent home battery storage and / or an Ev parked at home during the day... it's brilliant
I'm in Maine, I wouldn't say pennies..... It's a one for one kWh credit, but they carry over/roll for 12 months. So when I'm not pulling anything from the grid to run my house in the summer, I'm banking credits for the winter when I am definitely pulling from the grid to stay warm.

I'm now at the point where I'm only paying a power bill from Jan-May. Everything else is covered from the panels.

I'm in Maine, I wouldn't say pennies..... It's a one for one kWh credit, but they carry over/roll for 12 months. So when I'm not pulling anything from the grid to run my house in the summer, I'm banking credits for the winter when I am definitely pulling from the grid to stay warm.

I'm now at the point where I'm only paying a power bill from Jan-May. Everything else is covered from the panels.
That is a model I could only dream of....

You got a heat pump in Maine??

Yea, not pennies here either. More like $$$$.

I'm in Illinois using Geothermal. I too have 1:1 netmetering and rollover every 12 months. On the billing date in April in fact. I make roughly 26MW a year and that heats, cools, etc the house and charges the MYLR year-round with a few MW too spare. I pay $10.29 a month for meter rent and around $40/mo for NG water heaters, stove, and dryer. I consider the homes value increase to match my initial investment (who doesn't want free electricity?), but I'm saving around $7k a year too. Hard to pin down, cost of gasoline, and electricity moves around a bit.

Yea, not pennies here either. More like $$$$.

I'm in Illinois using Geothermal. I too have 1:1 netmetering and rollover every 12 months. On the billing date in April in fact. I make roughly 26MW a year and that heats, cools, etc the house and charges the MYLR year-round with a few MW too spare. I pay $10.29 a month for meter rent and around $40/mo for NG water heaters, stove, and dryer. I consider the homes value increase to match my initial investment (who doesn't want free electricity?), but I'm saving around $7k a year too. Hard to pin down, cost of gasoline, and electricity moves around a bit.
How do you like that geothermal?? I'm trying to build a property and considering geothermal for heat but I've heard bad things