Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 17.17.17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in a SC on Wednesday to get a tire fixed and got an upgrade notice. Turned out it was 17.17.17 Doesn't appear any different that 17.17.4, but I haven't tried it out on the freeway yet to see if it handles curves more smoothly.

It's been fairly quiet on the FW front the last few weeks other then Elon mentioning the significant update coming in June (New AP control algorithm, smooth as silk I think he said)
Wonder if there will be a small update in the interim otherwise we may not see anything too soon
I'm on 17.17.17, not much difference between this and 17.17.4

Last edited:
Just got 17.17.17. Was 17.17.4. Was in Service Center for mirror fold out mech repair. Apparently a few months back they changed to a new vendor. The new mech requires more current or higher voltage (I'm not sure which) or it gets stuck sometimes. Many cars shipped before they figured this out. They said one of these releases contains software fix. But the SC did not know which. Tesla central does not tell them. I wonder if Tesla central decided that I needed this update due to new mirror mech?

So who knows what else may be in this release, but while we always want the big stuff, it's interesting to remember that there are a blizzard of smaller things that Tesla is tracking as well.

S90D HW2

• Informative
Reactions: FarmerDave