Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updated Navigation installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
361A240E-A911-4899-A68D-2E4CDAE384B9.jpeg

The software update was actually Thursday night. Didn’t see anything new in the release notes, but the install was longer than usual which I thought was strange. When I got in the car this morning, the note appeared on the screen.

Initial thoughts after a 5 minute drive - GPS voice and phrases are different, center screen looks the same, big difference is interface in dash - much sharper and more details for upcoming turns. Will add more later...

• Informative
Reactions: zmarty and MP3Mike
View attachment 290882
The software update was actually Thursday night. Didn’t see anything new in the release notes, but the install was longer than usual which I thought was strange. When I got in the car this morning, the note appeared on the screen.

Initial thoughts after a 5 minute drive - GPS voice and phrases are different, center screen looks the same, big difference is interface in dash - much sharper and more details for upcoming turns. Will add more later...
I have the new navigation, but never saw these notes. Service center installed it. Am I to understand you correctly that this was not in the normal place where the release notes are found?
Did it appear only once momentarily after the install? Is there a way to see it again, (in the manual?..) or is it gone forever???

I was under the impression that you could hit the trunk button in the app, then the next time you approach the vehicle, the trunk would open, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My app just opens and closes the trunk remotely from the phone.

Have had 2018.12 for weeks now on my Model X (still don't have beyond 10.4 on my S) with both cars on Wifi every night and on it for a full week last week with no interruption and still no upgraded Nav. This rollout process Tesla has is tiresome.... :(

Reactions: srharris22
The new maps are definitely more detailed. I can zoom in much, much closer to the car's location than before and it has very detailed information of our neighborhood. I suppose I could have noticed this in our Model 3 earlier but I never really paid any attention to it.

"Reroute if it saves more than" was a new option? I picked up my MX last week of March and had .6 version but I had the reroute if it saves more than option in maps that time only. Got the .14 yesterday and wondering how will I know once I get updates maps.

No. That’s been there for years. I guess some people never adjusted that setting though.

IMO choosing that option on the "old" maps is kind of a joke. The only kind of rerouting it really understands is "get off the highway for 1 exit then get back on", as if it just selects "avoid this road segment" internally every time it sees traffic.

I have to say, in the new maps, it seems like traffic avoidance is a lot smarter and more like Google/Waze.

Reactions: jdchi
IMO choosing that option on the "old" maps is kind of a joke. The only kind of rerouting it really understands is "get off the highway for 1 exit then get back on", as if it just selects "avoid this road segment" internally every time it sees traffic.

I have to say, in the new maps, it seems like traffic avoidance is a lot smarter and more like Google/Waze.

Nav rerouting has been to me the single most frustrating part of Tesla's nav system. Probably everyone has experienced those really boneheaded reroutes, and the settings number doesn't seem to do much (if anything). If reroute actually works in the new update, with a reasonable confidence level, I say bring it on. :)