Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates on black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did any of you future Black non-performance owners get the new blast text that apparently got out today? I still haven't heard a thing from Tesla, other than through my advisor...

Also, paging MYBGuy90 - do you still see black MY coming out of the factory?

Ordered June 2019 and getting a little desperate, here... :(
i got this text just earlier. non performance black on black. see Sig

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-130328.png
    Screenshot_20200614-130328.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Raiders
Did any of you future Black non-performance owners get the new blast text that apparently got out today? I still haven't heard a thing from Tesla, other than through my advisor...

I got it. Black AWD, white interior ordered 2/1/2020

Reactions: Raiders
Hmmm, it's been a few days since and I still haven't gotten word about my trade-in or loan revaluation. I'm actually going to pickup my MY in three hours so I hope there isn't any surprises. I'll update here after.

Ordered during the Y presentation last year and the VIN finally showed up in the source today. Seems like forever and a half. Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini. Worried about my trade-in value since that was valued a couple of months ago before Covid. Another slight concern since I've waited this long is what might be announced on Battery day this month. First world problems :)

Your trade-in quote has expired by now and used car values have declined.
Because the Y is so new, I wouldn't worry about imminent changes from Battery Day.

In case this helps anyone. I took delivery of my Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini yesterday. Going through a checklist I found here, the car was mostly perfect save a couple of scratches (literally have to look hard to see it) and a slight misaligned rear light. Both of which Tesla said will fix. The other note of interest is that my loan and trade-in from early march remained the same. I fully expected them to revalue my trade-in but they didn't. Sweet.

Attachments

• 3 quarter back bottom left.jpg
    3 quarter back bottom left.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 3 quarter back bottom right .jpg
    3 quarter back bottom right .jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 3 quarter back top right.jpg
    3 quarter back top right.jpg
    951.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 3 quarter bottom left.jpg
    3 quarter bottom left.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 3 quarter bottom right.jpg
    3 quarter bottom right.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 80
  • 3 quarter front top right .jpg
    3 quarter front top right .jpg
    860 KB · Views: 72
  • Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 78
In case this helps anyone. I took delivery of my Black/Black AWD Long Range 19" Gemini yesterday. Going through a checklist I found here, the car was mostly perfect save a couple of scratches (literally have to look hard to see it) and a slight misaligned rear light. Both of which Tesla said will fix. The other note of interest is that my loan and trade-in from early march remained the same. I fully expected them to revalue my trade-in but they didn't. Sweet.
Gorgeous! Congratulations :)

Love the charger glory hole in the fence! Looking great! Was VIN in 12xxx range?

So there is definitely something odd going on. I ordered mine in July 2019, updated the order in September - changing color from blue to black (big mistake as it turns out). Over two weeks ago I had a MVPA with a VIN specified. When I called they said expect two weeks. So now it is two weeks later and they tell me the car is pre-production. I haven’t received any of the text you all have been talking about. The only thing I can think is that I am in the penalty box because my trade in is an X.

Looks great! This is exactly what I'm waiting for.

Yes I received the text yesterday!

So there is definitely something odd going on. I ordered mine in July 2019, updated the order in September - changing color from blue to black (big mistake as it turns out). Over two weeks ago I had a MVPA with a VIN specified. When I called they said expect two weeks. So now it is two weeks later and they tell me the car is pre-production. I haven’t received any of the text you all have been talking about. The only thing I can think is that I am in the penalty box because my trade in is an X.

Yeah, unfortunately some of these orders have no rhyme or reason behind them. Maybe some people are closer to Fremont and that makes deliveries quicker? But I’m in the same boat as others. Placed order for my Black/Black MY on 1/31/20 and see myself getting passed by folks who ordered in April/May.

Waiting game at this point.

Reactions: beezy
After speaking over the past few days with a couple of different reps at my delivery center (Marina Del Rey, CA), I received a call from another rep asking me to make full payment today, the day before I pick up the car. I told him I was not going to do that and that I was informed by two other reps at the same location that I could make final payment after I inspected the car. Since my plan is to do a wire transfer through my Tesla account page, he responded that they could do an ACH transfer back to my account if I had any issues with the car. I politely said no thank you, I’ll wait to make payment after I inspect. He then dropped his request but be aware that Tesla will pressure you to pay before inspecting the car even states like CA where you aren’t required to.
Did you accept delivery? How did it go? I may or may not have driven by the MDR delivery center hoping to peep your Black Y in person but I didn't see it :/

no dont see any .. only red, blue, white getting out today and this week ..