Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it yesterday and I am NEVER early on the list

What!?!? I'm checking right now, and if I don't have it ...

... well, I'll go outside ...

1640219340774.png

• Funny
Reactions: JimS
Just got 2021.44.6 on my MCU2 Model S
Album art works on the main screen, but only the album art for the first USB song that I play comes up on the dash.

Anybody else have this issue?

It's pretty annoying because the wrong album art on the dash is kinda worse than the blank music note we had before...but I am happy to have the art back on the center screen.
Yes, stupid that they cannot fix this, not brain surgery let’s just go back 1 year and give us the correct album art display.

Dang. So basically they fixed it for Model 3 and Y but forgot about us pre-2021 S and X folks
not really. this is the first report of post-UI refresh (holiday update) that I've seen. And it's not good. Holiday update just started rolling out tonight. I'm on FSD Beta so I get everything last... been stuck on FW "36" for about a month now, never was able to see the USB media fix. Going to be jumping straight past it and into the holiday update, so... this... is... kinda frustrating news.

Any other holiday update/UI refresh/V11 UI folks able to report on findings? 👀

not really. this is the first report of post-UI refresh (holiday update) that I've seen. And it's not good. Holiday update just started rolling out tonight. I'm on FSD Beta so I get everything last... been stuck on FW "36" for about a month now, never was able to see the USB media fix. Going to be jumping straight past it and into the holiday update, so... this... is... kinda frustrating news.

Any other holiday update/UI refresh/V11 UI folks able to report on findings? 👀
We are talking about 2021.44.6 . The holiday update is 2021.44.25.X

Just got 2021.44.6 on my MCU2 Model S
Album art works on the main screen, but only the album art for the first USB song that I play comes up on the dash.

Anybody else have this issue?

It's pretty annoying because the wrong album art on the dash is kinda worse than the blank music note we had before...but I am happy to have the art back on the center screen.

I do not have that issue.

I updated to 2021.44.6 two nights ago. Album art works the same as it did for me on 2021.40.6: it loads artwork from whatever track is being played. I still need to strip all artwork other than front cover, because it does not seem to have a preference for which artwork it displays. When it switches tracks it also switches artwork. 2021Q1 M3 LR AWD. But I have artwork in every track.

Are you certain that you have artwork in each of your tracks? I recall seeing some software years ago that would put artwork into the first track of an album but not the others. Other people here have reported that the Tesla is not loading artwork from ogg vorbis files, so that could also be an explanation for what you're seeing, if your scenario is playing a FLAC file (which shows artwork) and then an OGG (which does not). Or it could be that the bug is as simple as you describe, and specific to your S.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Yes!! I can conclusively say USB media is back with the new UI, and better than ever. Though it's now smaller than ever, it does work, and it works at the song (not album) level. The best possible solution. In an album made of songs from different albums, each song shows the correct art from the tag.

1640400155303.png

It's all the holiday update I could've asked for. 😄

I do not have that issue.

I updated to 2021.44.6 two nights ago. Album art works the same as it did for me on 2021.40.6: it loads artwork from whatever track is being played. I still need to strip all artwork other than front cover, because it does not seem to have a preference for which artwork it displays. When it switches tracks it also switches artwork. 2021Q1 M3 LR AWD. But I have artwork in every track.

Are you certain that you have artwork in each of your tracks? I recall seeing some software years ago that would put artwork into the first track of an album but not the others. Other people here have reported that the Tesla is not loading artwork from ogg vorbis files, so that could also be an explanation for what you're seeing, if your scenario is playing a FLAC file (which shows artwork) and then an OGG (which does not). Or it could be that the bug is as simple as you describe, and specific to your S.
It's fine on the center screen. It's not fine on the instrument cluster. That's why it's fixed for 3/Y but not S/X

It's fine on the center screen. It's not fine on the instrument cluster. That's why it's fixed for 3/Y but not S/X
Doh!🤦‍♂️ I didn't pick up on that when I read your previous post. Probably because having an instrument cluster is so foreign to me.

It's mind boggling to me that they can get it right on one screen but not both. They can't even manage to get it consistently screwed up.

The actual answer to your question is an obvious "yes", but I feel like there's some weirdly veiled hidden meaning behind your question, given the strange context it's asked in (quoting my post for some reason). Want to air your grievances here, or...?
Maybe they mean voice commands to play artist or song from USB. They broke that too at some point.

• Informative
Reactions: FalconFour
Maybe they mean voice commands to play artist or song from USB. They broke that too at some point.
Ahhhh 😅 I never talk to my car, lol. Voice assistants frustrate the hell out of me in that, instead of asking for clarification for something they found ambiguous or misunderstood, they just pop off and do some random nonsense instead. So I never feel I can trust them to be a quicker way than just tapping it.

In that, no, I would never trust the voice to go to my USB media. It'll always find the most garbage sounding overcompressed junk on Spotify first 😂

Reactions: pilotSteve
I now cannot access more than 1 USB drive! WTF? why does Tesla do this? I have one standalone flash drive as well as a 3 partition solid state drive (2 music 1 teslacam. ALL OF THIS WORKED PERFECTLY, ELON, before Christmas. how can such a simple process get so bad? when u tap on the USB button with the arrow you get the choice of which drive to look at. I reboot the car and all 3 are there, loading, showing percentage of the scan. but you tap on one to start things and the USB button no longer shows the other two USB drives.

i dunno. how can this be so hard to make right?

• Informative
Reactions: Mike1080i