Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Model 3s pricing error?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True! I don't love it on the buying side, but if a year or 2 from now I want to switch a 3 out for a Y it could be a good thing. Although, I have a feeling Y may bring down price of used 3's if there are a lot of people dumping them to upgrade.

my plan exactly but depending on the price I might give it to my son for his 1st car (spoiling him!)

I haven't seen anyone mention the crazy AWD and M3P deals that Tesla posted around 1AM this morning.Tesla seem to have listed a whole bunch of them around (100+) and they all sold within minutes. I've seen AWDs for $34-35k and a red M3P for $35k! Bananas!

Here is an album on some of the listings:

Imgur

imagine how many people would have to 7-day return an AWD for it to get 2k miles and only be worth $35k...

guessing it's less than # of people who took a shot on the 7k miles AWD for 33k.

maybe not too many more owners than the 3P also at 7k miles but only $38k.

unless I was stocking spare parts I'd be afraid to buy any of these cars.

So, long story short. They will not honor the price which I figured. They won't even send the car from Fremont to San DIego for free. From 38k to 40800. I'm still debating if i should take it at that price. What do you all think? Configuration is a White 2018 M3LR AWD 19s and 4k miles. Build date is 12/18. If you need more info lmk.

Edited the correct year.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
So, long story short. They will not honor the price which I figured. They won't even send the car from Fremont to San DIego for free. From 38k to 40800. I'm still debating if i should take it at that price. What do you all think? Configuration is a White 2019 M3LR AWD 19s and 4k miles. Build date is 12/18. If you need more info lmk.

Let me know if you don't want it. I might be interested.

So, long story short. They will not honor the price which I figured. They won't even send the car from Fremont to San DIego for free. From 38k to 40800. I'm still debating if i should take it at that price. What do you all think? Configuration is a White 2019 M3LR AWD 19s and 4k miles. Build date is 12/18. If you need more info lmk.

what's their "excuse" for not honoring price? did they call it an error?

They did allow free shipping for a S for me b/c I had asked for Fremont p/u and they ended up shipping in the interim (I ended up rejecting delivery for an unrelated reason)

So, long story short. They will not honor the price which I figured. They won't even send the car from Fremont to San DIego for free. From 38k to 40800. I'm still debating if i should take it at that price. What do you all think? Configuration is a White 2018 M3LR AWD 19s and 4k miles. Build date is 12/18. If you need more info lmk.

Edited the correct year.

$49.5k new +$1200 doc/dest fee - ($1875+$2.5k tax incentives) = $46,325 -> Adjustment: - $4k ($1/mi (?)) = $42,325

So ~$42.5 or less is how I would value your used vehicle depending how much resale value you would put into 2018 vs 2019 (which isnt't factored in here) and how much depreciation per mile you think is fair.

That means $42.5 vs $40.8 you're paying. I think personally, for that small of a difference, I'd probably go with New but the math gets fuzzy here.

Edited the correct year.

Major bummer but still a great used price compared to what they usually sell them for.

Edited the correct year.

Does it have Autopilot?

While at the SC today for service, I asked out of curiosity what a trade-in would be for a LR-AWD, EAP, FSD, White on White Model 3, 19's, 12K mile December 2018 build... 33,900

That is disgusting. Why would I ever want to buy another Tesla new? I can't understand how it could have any positive effect in terms of brand loyalty.
That's crazy. My one month old SR+ with 1k miles was quoted at 33k. No FSD with aero wheels.

While at the SC today for service, I asked out of curiosity what a trade-in would be for a LR-AWD, EAP, FSD, White on White Model 3, 19's, 12K mile December 2018 build... 33,900

That is disgusting. Why would I ever want to buy another Tesla new? I can't understand how it could have any positive effect in terms of brand loyalty.
Yep... Same price I got, same features other than MSM and black and half those miles. I paid over 60K around the same time as you. Heck of an opportunity cost for having the hot new car. Too bad it was in the shop hours away more than being driven. I am used to depreciation on new cars but actually felt insulted to get that offer. Guess you have to sell these things private party if you want/need to sell.