Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UT Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, starting a waiting room thread for those of us waiting for the Model Y here in UT. I'll start. I ordered in SLC on May 21 (profile completed same day) and I'm waiting for a MYLR with the only upgrade being the paint color (MSM). Everything else default. EDD was consistently end of July for a while, but this weekend it jumped to 8/8-8/28 and then back up to 8/4-8/24.

Hey all - joining in to share my info. EDD has generally been creeping forward to be 2 days away for a while now. The back-end of the window has also been moving out pretty consistently. I'm definitely noticing more Tesla Ys on the road these days around SLC and looking forward to getting mine...some day!

Hey all - joining in to share my info. EDD has generally been creeping forward to be 2 days away for a while now. The back-end of the window has also been moving out pretty consistently. I'm definitely noticing more Tesla Ys on the road these days around SLC and looking forward to getting mine...some day!
You ordered the same day as me! Similar EDD dates too. I am RN114967***, so right behind you. Good luck!

Reactions: md99
You ordered the same day as me! Similar EDD dates too. I am RN114967***, so right behind you. Good luck!
It is a bit reassuring to see other people from Utah have similar EDDs, but I've been 2 days away from the window for so long now that I'm just 🤷‍♂️

Since this is a Utah crew, is anyone planning on doing PPF, ceramic coating, or tinting to their car? Any recommendations for the SLC area? I plan on doing PPF on front, ceramic coating, and some tinting but a bit undecided on where or how much. I believe I used Protint before for window tint and was happy. The initial application wasn't great but they fixed it with no hassle.

It is a bit reassuring to see other people from Utah have similar EDDs, but I've been 2 days away from the window for so long now that I'm just 🤷‍♂️

Since this is a Utah crew, is anyone planning on doing PPF, ceramic coating, or tinting to their car? Any recommendations for the SLC area? I plan on doing PPF on front, ceramic coating, and some tinting but a bit undecided on where or how much. I believe I used Protint before for window tint and was happy. The initial application wasn't great but they fixed it with no hassle.
On the opposite side of the feelings spectrum I am disturbed that not a single one of us has received a VIN yet. People often have VINs for weeks before taking delivery so I really hope that isn’t the case for us. If so we are still weeks out on any given day with no VIN.

Reactions: md99
My EDD reappeared and shows "October" again, at least its something having been missing for ~2 weeks!

On that topic, anyone have a recommended electrician that can install the wall charger?

I had 1 come out and they wanted $1500 to run it 15 ft from a secondary panel that has plenty of space for a 50A circuit. This is compared to $1800 they charged me last year to run 2 40ft runs and install a new sub panel. That is a ridiculous markup and a good reason for me to never mention Tesla to them.

On that topic, anyone have a recommended electrician that can install the wall charger?

I had 1 come out and they wanted $1500 to run it 15 ft from a secondary panel that has plenty of space for a 50A circuit. This is compared to $1800 they charged me last year to run 2 40ft runs and install a new sub panel. That is a ridiculous markup and a good reason for me to never mention Tesla to them.
Check the Facebook Utah Tesla group. There are a few recommendations. I did my own, but a lot of the group used one named Jeremy Fleming that many say was fantastic.

Reactions: Bikes4Beer