Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UT Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The saga continues - I decided to call the SLC office to see if they could tell where the car was in transit.

Turns out its on the lot now. Picking it up at 4:00 today. Excited to say the least.

Truly hoping you get some good news in the next few days.
That's exciting news! best of luck on your delivery day. Please check in here and let us know how the delivery experience was.

It also (hopefully) means that Tesla has remembered how to get to Utah and deliveries will start picking up again. I'm only a few days behind you on order date. My EDD has slipped a smidge to 19 Aug to 7 Sept.

Reactions: rmoffitt321
The saga continues - I decided to call the SLC office to see if they could tell where the car was in transit.

Turns out its on the lot now. Picking it up at 4:00 today. Excited to say the least.

Truly hoping you get some good news in the next few days.
Wow! What a turn around. Congrats! Hope the weather isn’t too bad during pickup. Take some pictures for the rest of us! :)

Hey guys, I've been out of town but I thought I'd update with my recent experience. I received my VIN on Saturday and I'm picking up tomorrow (Wednesday the 18th). I tried to play around and get a lower rate from DCU so Tesla would match it but it didn't work. Tesla was impossible to get the full MVPA from and DCU wouldn't finish my quote without it. I may just refi in the future to the lower rate. I was able to adjust my down payment and once I had accepted the terms they ran my credit. My service advisor seems to have completely disappeared. I've left voicemails and sent emails with no reply so I hope I'm in good shape for tomorrow. I wasn't really planning on PPF but my brother in law and my neighbor both said they're glad they did it. I called Tint Action of Utah Monday morning and the earliest they had appointments was September 20th... I might need to call some other places as well. I haven't paid the down payment through the site yet because I was told it wasn't required until I've inspected the car, is that true? I'm excited for tomorrow.

Reactions: KJD
Hey guys, I've been out of town but I thought I'd update with my recent experience. I received my VIN on Saturday and I'm picking up tomorrow (Wednesday the 18th). I tried to play around and get a lower rate from DCU so Tesla would match it but it didn't work. Tesla was impossible to get the full MVPA from and DCU wouldn't finish my quote without it. I may just refi in the future to the lower rate. I was able to adjust my down payment and once I had accepted the terms they ran my credit. My service advisor seems to have completely disappeared. I've left voicemails and sent emails with no reply so I hope I'm in good shape for tomorrow. I wasn't really planning on PPF but my brother in law and my neighbor both said they're glad they did it. I called Tint Action of Utah Monday morning and the earliest they had appointments was September 20th... I might need to call some other places as well. I haven't paid the down payment through the site yet because I was told it wasn't required until I've inspected the car, is that true? I'm excited for tomorrow.
Oh man you already got you VIN congrats!

I almost felt guilty that I received my VIN before a few of you. I guess it was the right configuration at the right time. I'm hopeful I'll see you guys getting your VIN soon
Ha don't worry about us, I would be ecstatic to get my VIN no matter what :). Hope delivery goes well and the weather clears up for your appointment. Let us know how it goes and maybe look around for my car in the lot ;)

Reactions: rmoffitt321
It’s very exciting to hear about other Utahn’s finally getting their MY’s. There are a bunch of MY’s at my work and I have struck up conversation with any of the owners that I see.

As of today I’m officially inside my delivery window (Aug 21 - Sept 8) for the first time.

What experience can I expect from this point forward? I called the SLC sales center and spoke to a nice guy but he “stuck to the script” and I couldn’t seem to get any extra info from him. Some questions I still have…

Does EDD ever get pushed out once you’re in the window? Is vin assignment/next steps usually toward the beginning of the window? Does the vin get assigned only after the vehicle has arrived safely at the sales center?

It’s very exciting to hear about other Utahn’s finally getting their MY’s. There are a bunch of MY’s at my work and I have struck up conversation with any of the owners that I see.

As of today I’m officially inside my delivery window (Aug 21 - Sept 8) for the first time.

What experience can I expect from this point forward? I called the SLC sales center and spoke to a nice guy but he “stuck to the script” and I couldn’t seem to get any extra info from him. Some questions I still have…

Does EDD ever get pushed out once you’re in the window? Is vin assignment/next steps usually toward the beginning of the window? Does the vin get assigned only after the vehicle has arrived safely at the sales center?
Three months and EDD seems frozen at 8/21-9/3 with no end and so far no VIN in sight.

Ive never seen anybody go inside the window before. Not sure why it’s happening for us Utah folks. Seems like a glitch to me. So far the VINs seem To get assigned right before transport. So usually you’ll receive a VIN and then take delivery in about 3-5 days.

Reactions: KJD