Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utter disbelief at the yoke buttons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and do Ryan Huber's mod to add M3/Y stalks for turn signal and gear selector.
He hasn't released any code or diagrams on how to actually do so, right?

I just received my Plaid X VIN. The yoke is a joke. I plan to get a Hannshow wheel

and do Ryan Huber's mod to add M3/Y stalks for turn signal and gear selector.

I hadn't seen the Hannshow one before. Ours gets delivered in September, and I was considering RPM Tesla, but this one looks even better. We'll be replacing the yoke on ours. Dumbest decision Tesla has ever made.

So apparently this shows up in toolbox. Maybe hope for the future?

1649797961647.png

Yeah, the wheel "option" was shown a few weeks back. Unknown if it's a 3/Y wheel or something else. They probably won't do stalks so it will be a unique part w/ the Yoke center w/ capacitive buttons on a 3/Y wheel.

For those of you having trouble finding the horn. Someone posted in the MS forum that they attached a small adhesive clear rubber nub to the button so they could find it more quickly. I believe they are used as bumpers for cabinets and such.

There were some discussions or rumors about Tesla is going to move the horn back to the conventional location, i.e. where the airbag is. For productions after Nov 21, there is not physical modification required and the change is supposed to come this month. Was I dreaming about this. I had several never misses when cars back out of angle parking without looking and I warned them with my wipes instead.

I cancelled my MS LR because of no stalk and horn button. I think the yoke is fine for a race car, but for a street car it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
I could have marked this with a Disagree, but it is really a personal opinion. It is very hard to disagree with somebody's opinion.

Personally I think the yoke is THE BEST idea ever to come across the car. I am so frustrated by the compromise, between full ICD view, and optimal wheel position. Yeah I think the horn button is misplaced, but that (apparently) will be fixed in software. I can't wait until I get my copy of the steering yoke!

No issues for me after several weeks of ownership. My question: is the yoke heated? Haven't found anything in the manual so far.
Ffrom the owner's manual:

Heated Steering Yoke​

To warm up the steering yoke, touch the temperature icon on the touchscreen to display climate controls (see Overview of Climate Controls), then touch the steering yoke icon. When turned on, radiant heat keeps the steering yoke at a comfortable temperature.

^^ it’s funny you say this. Just got my MXP and traded in my MX100D. On the MX100D the heated wheel on some days was comfy warm but on other days it was straight out hot. Like really hot, and I had to turn it off. I never quite did figure out if it was a constant temp and it was just my hands at different temps such that I really needed that hot wheel sometimes or whether it was the wheel temp variation on different days.

I didn’t try the MXP heated yoke yet. I’ve only had the car not even 48 hours!