Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what might have been more useful was something like a Chromecast or the long promised screen mirroring capabilities, allowing the video to be transferred from a smartphone/mobile device to the console display and audio - and if that isn't available, then you can use (even before V10) a tablet with audio streamed to the car's Bluetooth, as long as the video player can adjust the timing of the audio

Or better yet, just build the long-promised-but-now-forgotten SDK and allow third-party developers to create apps that run on MCU1.

Except guardian mode does not work at all on AP2.0!! Nilch, nada nothing, including v10 ( caveat, I have not seen 10.1 yet, but I've seen the other earlier v10's )

Umm... unless they made a big change, Sentry Mode works on AP2.0, even with v9. It doesn’t record, but it does exist to scare people off.

Umm... unless they made a big change, Sentry Mode works on AP2.0, even with v9. It doesn’t record, but it does exist to scare people off.

That's funny, according to the release notes it is recording and it is sending the footage to Tesla. So, go ahead and call them and ask them for your sentry footage when your car gets vandalized.

Netflix also provide a Netflix SDK available in C++ that does most of the work. Source: Was an engineer at Netflix.
So, roughly the same level of effort as getting some of these games working. As a programmer, I would much prefer to work on this in my "free time, just-for-fun, it doesn't really take any real time or money" part of the day that supposedly the games were added in, rather than the games themselves.

So, roughly the same level of effort as getting some of these games working. As a programmer, I would much prefer to work on this in my "free time, just-for-fun, it doesn't really take any real time or money" part of the day that supposedly the games were added in, rather than the games themselves.
There's also code maintenance. However from what I've seen of smart TV's not getting further updates, Netflix still works relatively well after 5+ years so that's probably insignificant.

Yah, and for the average Joe that doesn't have 4 dashcams like is, that's a pretty huge requirements gap.

yup. The release notes were wrong for AP 2.0. But seeing as how my car didn’t have any form of Sentry mode or any inkling of it coming at time of purchase, the Sentry mode items I did receive are just frosting.

don’t know of very many “average joes” that have a Tesla. (However you measure that anyway.)