TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

V10 on MCU1

Discussion in 'Model S' started by by74, Sep 26, 2019.

1. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Active Member

A day ago, I knew where I was going, it was about to rain, and I had the Qtesla web-based weather radar up top. Nav? Why?

For my wife's V9 car, this would be like old times.

V8 rocks, but I'll check to be sure that, despite Elon's 'Ring safari, he's hasn't thrown drivers a bone in v10.

• Like x 1
  2. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

I think they only did plaid for the S because of the taycan

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

... and the Plaid Model S broke down on the side of the track, getting passed by a Taycan. Maybe Tesla should do its homework and stop embarrassing itself by rushing out there with 2nd class, shoddy engineering.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

• Disagree x 16
    • Like x 3
  4. croman

croman Active Member

Uh, the Taycan also broke down. It happens when you push new hardware to the limit. They will be back and crush the time and others. The issue, and topic, is v10 and MCU1 and the dearth of v10 going out to those configs (especially AP2 FSD owners).

• Like x 7
  5. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

The order of release is model > mcu 2 s and x> mcu1. I just heard a model 3 owner that didn't even purchase FSD got the update. So much for early access. Another bs Elon tweet

• Like x 1
  6. Bigriver

Bigriver Member

Thank you. That is why I’m trying to plow through this thread because I wanted to know the question posed in the OP: has anyone with MCU1 gotten V10?

The lowest VIN I see on Teslafi of the X’s that have gotten V10 is 88XXX. I am VIN 60XXX built in September 2017. Does anyone have an estimate of the VIN numbering when MCU2 started?

7. viper2ko

viper2ko Active Member

Seriously seems like the order is model > mcu 2 s and x> mcu 1. Don't think we'll see anything till next week earliest

8. Bigriver

Bigriver Member

I’m not fully understanding your shorthand. I think you are missing the number 3. And If I’m interpreting that right, it’s not accurate that model S and X with MCU2 are all after model 3 updates because some S and X updates are occurring now.

It would be helpful if this thread could be used to report when MCU1 updates (for those who purchased FSD) actually start.

• Like x 1
  9. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Per the plug in sales cards, 11,195 Xs sold in the US in Sept 2017-Feb 2018. Not sure if there's a source for data for the rest of the world, but if you assume US sales are about half and assume all VINs are used and in a linear fashion, then that earliest VIN is likely shortly after the cutover.

10. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Active Member

If so, they have an enormous lead over any potential competition; far larger than anyone had expected. If they can design, plan and build a brand new powertrain with 3 motors in ~2 days and have it already trounce the best attempt by Porsche, nobody else stands a chance.

• Funny x 5
    • Love x 2
  11. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

I think he's right. I think they want the positive press out there with all the 3 drivers before they release the update that doesn't have a whole lot baked in for the X and S community, esp those with MCU 1.

3 is clearly the priority here. Even the revision number is 10.1. They aren't even pretending S and X come first.

Screenshot_20190927-221048.png

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

I wonder what would MCU1 AP2.0 owners get...

• Like x 1
  13. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

Run like a true IT company, legacy customers cost money to keep happy. And besides who wants to be working on boring old cars when they have the latest and greatest toys to work with (with decent CPU power and no yellow screens to deal with).

• Love x 1
  14. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

If they were a typical IT company, they would charge 18% maintenance fees, sell to IBM, Infor or Intuit and then be sunset. :-D

• Like x 1
  15. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I'm curious if this update would also give us the lane departure safety features that are in AP2.5 cars..

Probably not.

16. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

Got an email from Tesla today o_O....

Your driving experience will only get better over time—every Model S, Model X and Model 3 on the road will continue to receive new features and improvements from over-the-air software updates.
    Hmmm EVERY Tesla :rolleyes:o_O

• Funny x 3
  17. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Respect the mods stay on topic

The shaft of course.

• Funny x 1
  18. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

Yeah. You get Joe Mode. You're welcome.

Lol.

• Funny x 9
  19. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Respect the mods stay on topic

WTF? Why didn't we get them? I'm really starting to hate my favorite company.

20. BHCLUC

BHCLUC Member

I have 2.5, and I only got them with 32.2.