Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering a red light as a stopped car in front would then be a small step software wise?

I am sure that many FSD purchasers would like to have something to differentiate us from standard autopilot - automatic driving on city streets

upload_2020-3-11_12-43-10.png vs upload_2020-3-11_12-41-41.png

These days you get a notification via the app when it's ready to go. You will get it when Tesla's servers offer it to your particular car. There's no way of speeding things up at this early stage ... and even if you are left way behind it would require someone at Tesla to to initiate the "push" ... take it easy!

Ha! I know. It's part placebo (and I know if my car isn't approved to go, it won't help) but it actually does prompt a check when you open car settings and click on software (you can see the network call being made). I've had it happen where I've done this and the update has shown up before the push mechanism sent the notification to my car to download the update automatically.

Reactions: Adopado
I noticed this too. Boot/trunk open and maybe door open all looks different. If not, at least larger on screen.

There was someone on Twitter mentioning this as well as the brake lights on the Model 3 being more prominent (which I would be really happy to see). As it stands now, you can't really tell if they're on or not without looking closely whereas the Model S is very clear.

Reactions: Adopado
A few weeks ago, I picked up my new LR Model X. In additional to the scroll wheels not working, the backup camera was very slow and jerky and shifting into D or R was also painfully slow. The morning the Mobile Ranger (or whatever you call him) was to arrive at my house to repair these faults, I got an OTA download, V 2020.8.1, which fixed every problem. When mobile repair arrived, there was nothing for him to do.

BTW, had the car wrapped in White Satin with black chrome delete. Also carbon fiber on the dash and powder coated the wheels. The valets give ME $5.00 when I drop off the car.

The Ghost.jpg

Reactions: Roy W.
SR+ with no update so far :(

I want my damn traffic lights!

I can't justify a 25 mile round trip just to get to the nearest traffic lights ... so even though I've got the update (and changed the Autopilot settings) I've yet to enjoy this new experience! My wife was fairly close to some earlier today but she isn't on the ball with these things so missed her chance! Oh how we thrilled at the arrival of the traffic cones previously ... the traffic lights will surely be too much for us!

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and drewpost