Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated last night to 2018.10.4 from 6.1 and quickly noticed a couple of things this morning for my Feb-17 Model S90:

1- definitely improved browser speed. Teslawaze was clearly better and faster. Maybe ATT popped up some more antennas in the area (doubtful), but there was a clear difference this morning.

2 - when there was a city bus in front of me, the dashboard showed two cars close together as if it were "seeing" ahead of the car in front of me?. I hadn't noticed this before.​

I’ve seen the “Bus is Double Car” thing prior to this version so I don’t think that’s new.

That said, wow. This version of AP is insanely better than what I’ve had over the last 9 months. I never had AP1, but it feels so solid this must be what everyone has been talking about all this time. And the lane changes! Sooo smooth. :)

One other thing I noticed is how much better it handled wide lanes such as when two lanes merge to one on the highway. Previously it was a ping-pong nightmare, but now it centers itself and makes a smooth change throughout. Very impressive.

It doesn’t display cars in other lanes in the nav and still doesn’t recognize motorcycles vs trucks vs buses of course. Even still, for the first time, I feel like we are mere months away from onramp to offramp driving. And if it is close to recognizing speed limit signs, stop signs, and stop lights? Could be some more expanded non-divided highway use too.

A great update!!!

10.4 AP2 certainly is amazing! Went 300 miles today. Rock solid steering. Very smooth lane changing when there are no cars nearby; otherwise a bit more lively. Speeds up or slows appropriately during lane change. Super smooth driving even on winding undulating roads. No more diving sideways. Not even a hint of it. Stays squarely in the lane on curves and tightly winding roads. In wider lanes it draws a bit closer to the inner side as most drivers tend to do. Long sections of road with poor or missing paint don't bother it.

Purpendicular parking in a tight spot was excellent. It took Tess five steps, but she did it ... even with five passangers shouting, "Stop, it's gonna hit."

By far the greatest improvement since we got Tess (in May 2017).

Nice work team ... and Elon!

I didn't test AP when approaching stopped cars at a traffic light - had guests in car.

10.4 is very impressive, easily notable autosteer improvements. Tried on some winding narrow roads on hwy 1, for example it can handle the very difficult sections before and after devil slide tunnel. Also it seems lane change is much more confident than before. This version seems a very solid basis for further improvements (hopefully all the way to FSD).

Reactions: Ulmo and EinSV
Update failed ... not happy! :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_4756.jpg
    IMG_4756.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 103