Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Nav does take traffic into consideration, and may re-route you after your start. Only about 1/2 of the time is the re-route beneficial.

Last weekend after charging at Burbank, (4 cars waiting), I got a routing to go side-streets to the 210 freeway, then to down Orange grove to the 110 freeway through downtown LA to the 5 south. Well after getting down orange grove it re-routed me to do a 180 back up orange grove to the 210 and eventually to the 215 S. through Temecula.

I gave up and finally just took the 5 south and fought the traffic. Long drive!!! I think I would have been better off just getting on the 5 from Burbank in the first place. I don't believe that it takes into consideration that you have access to the HOV lanes, and that regular reported traffic may not impede you as much as those outside of the HOV.

A toggle to disable re-routes should be added IMO.

There is already a toggle. Controls/Settings/Maps & Navigation/Traffic-Based Routing. Turn that off because it will drive you crazy until they fix it and give you route choices.

again, newbie here.
1) Nav refers to the Google Nav red arrow button on the top.
2) Waze only works with the browser button at top and does not overlay on Nav.
3) When using Waze, i do not see a way to enter an address for turn by turn directions
4) Nav does not offer shorter alternative directions or reroute based upon traffic to say time (or i do not know how to make this work)
5) is there a way to use a voice command to request directions. If so, does this only work with Nav

Thanks

Is this still working? I can bring up the website and the waze map loads in my browser, but the Waze user input information no longer shows (police, traffic, accidents, etc.) All I get is the map, none of the important info from Waze is there.

Anybody else having this issue?

Is this still working? I can bring up the website and the waze map loads in my browser, but the Waze user input information no longer shows (police, traffic, accidents, etc.) All I get is the map, none of the important info from Waze is there.

I experienced the same thing last night when using it for the first time. I just assumed there was nothing going on close by, but even when I zoomed out there was nothing along some pretty major freeways/roads. I only looked at it for 5 minutes or so.

1- nice "priceless" tagline

2- yep, it's broken for me here in NJ too. It broke the day after I started using it. So I guess I broke it. Sorry.

Yep, I'm seeing the same -- the past couple of days, the site is loading and showing the maps fine, but there is no data from Waze displayed (no traffic, accidents, etc.)

I think this may not bode well. It may mean that Waze has changed their API and the Tesla Waze site is no longer able to retrieve the Waze data.

Could it show a message if it is not getting any useful data from the API pls?

I came through two highway closures yesterday evening, neither were shown (nor on Google Maps as it happens), [presumable because of the problem you had) and I could fire up Waze on my phone if I knew your site was having a problem :)

Could it show a message if it is not getting any useful data from the API pls?

I came through two highway closures yesterday evening, neither were shown (nor on Google Maps as it happens), [presumable because of the problem you had) and I could fire up Waze on my phone if I knew your site was having a problem :)
Don't forget this is a free app, no ads, labor of love.

Reactions: smsprague and Nevek